Im back!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I'm back!

I'm back! Well actually I haven't been away. I've been off line due to provider problems. I quit one and started with another but I definitely am not happy with this one either. **sigh** I have been out hunting but I just have not been having much luck here lately. A few coins and I mean A VERY FEW! That is about it. Granted I haven't been going to a lot of the places I used to. I have been staying close to home and only hunting for short periods. I have been lurking in here and watching the great posts though when I could get online.

Well this morning I went out. I still don't have a wet suit so I knew it was going to be cold. It was! My very first hit was a nice ring. ALLLLLLL RIIIIGGGGTTT! Well it isn't a "good" one but the sound it made was beautiful and boy it sure looked good in the scoop! I don't care if it isn't a "good" one. I am just happy as a clam (are clams happy? ;D) to have found something at last. After that I never got another hit. I only stayed in the water about an hour and a half. I just got too cold to go on but I'm happy with what I found.

Ring100510.jpg

Now I don't know if you gng's remember but a while back I told you about a strange site where I hunt. It was a M*A*S*H jeep. The guy also had an Army olive green boat that looked like it belonged on the Mekong River. Remember that? Well he was over there again this morning and this time I had my camera. This is the jeep and it is not one of those fancy ones you see on the road but looks like the "real deal". To me at least.

Jeep1006102.jpg

Jeep1006101.jpg

I was waiting for him to come by in his boat but he never did. Darn! I want a picture of him in that boat! Maybe next time. Happy hunting to you all. :wink:

Upvote 0

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: I'm back!

So glad to see you back online! Any ring looks good to me at this point. It's been a really dry (detecting) summer. The only ring I found had one of those flat extensions off one side (60's pulltab).

Be blessed and go get that platinum and diamond that's waiting for you!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool pics Mumszie......and congratulations on the
nice looking ring. Seems that you and your need
for a wet-suit was a topic of conversation last fall
if I remember correctly. Still think you need one,
then you won't get so cold. HH Gold Nuggets :hello:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad you're back on line, Mumszie. Love that ring you found!! The MASH jeep looks pretty sharp.

:wink: RR

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thank goodness. I was starting to get seriously worried about you! :wink:

Yeah, the weather down here is starting to turn a little bit, but those beach hunters up north must laugh at us Florida lightweights complaining about temps in the 60s. :D

I doubt most of us are going to write 2010 as a banner year for gold rings (though a few of us definitely will), but we'll all just keep diggin'.

Welcome back!

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

Missed you Mumszie. Every day I looked for the post on your finds. Hope you get your wet suit, or do you TH on the dry sand during the Winter months. Take care.

U.

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A ring is a ring...........sure can put a smile on one's face! Nice loot.
Since when is it cold in FL??..........come on up north to NE and freeze your tootsies off then you can say it's cold!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

**SIGH** Yes, we are spoiled down here but in the water it was cold for me. I'd have to be real rich to ever live back up north where you get snow! LOL

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ya had me worried too Mumzie..glad to see your back in action too.. Thats a pretty ring, sterling?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread