Short 3hr spin Chunky 14k Pendant

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out and chased the water down. Low and Slow was what the conditions called for. Hunted reverse discrimination. (Swung AM/PP and checked in Discriminate) That 14k chunky(9.4 grams) pendant didn't make sound in discriminate till 4 inches of sand was removed. Then discriminate told me what was to come. 4 quick scoops between waves and it was out of the soft sand in in the bottom of my scoop sure did look nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Gold!.............Always a good sight..........joe

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul.

It's also good to show everything, including the junk. It reminds the newbies that even with the Excal, you'll dig some of it.

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! I have not done much hunting in all metal mode but may have to give it more of a try. When the pendant was too deep for discriminate to pick up did all metal sound off with a strong signal, weak signal, or just a threshold change?

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Tony in FL said:
Nice score! I have not done much hunting in all metal mode but may have to give it more of a try. When the pendant was too deep for discriminate to pick up did all metal sound off with a strong signal, weak signal, or just a threshold change?
Tony Low and Slow is the best advice I can give ya. The pendant broke the threshold I wasn't sure what it was as I had dug lots of junk. It was a training day. I was trying different things with the Excalibur. I was in really soft sand, and I can bury targets with the best of ya. I switched to Discriminate and nothing, (as I found most of the day) I took a nice scoop and checked again. I had a nice solid tone no dragging sound, that lasted till the first wave. The hole filled right in. I was pretty sure this was either gold or a deep pull tab. I waited for several minutes for the timing on the waves and took a nice healthy scoop. The next three scoops were fast and I just though them up the beach. I checked the hole and nothing the target was in one of the piles. I scoop produced the gold. I have been hunting since 1974 I bought the Minelab in 2009 I always tell hunters to just learn there machine and the finds will come. Good luck out there.

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Way to go Steve. The sand has been mushy on several NJ beaches so glad to see you snagged one.

JC

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Da Sand Crab said:
Good for you.
Very nice pendant, to bad no chain with it.
If you look closely you can see where the ocean has removed some elements that make up 14k I think the first to go is nickel. That's why the red shows up. I hits it with electrolysis for about 15 seconds and the red jumped off. The redish hue shows this was in the ocean for many years. The chain is long moved on.This is the cleaned photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 259

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread