Lightest, strongest scoop handle. any ideas

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have your own scoop where you can change the handle, try it. The best thing about the Sunspot handle is it floats the handle upright if you let go of it in the water.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Sandman said:
If you have your own scoop where you can change the handle, try it. The best thing about the Sunspot handle is it floats the handle upright if you let go of it in the water.
Or if comes loose from your tether and U are a hundred feet or so before you realize it is missing-look back and see the flo orange bobbing in the waves=$200.00 and a hunt saved!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stainless steel tubing on mine and you can unbolt the bottom and have a dryland scoop to boot. In the water it don't have any weight to speak of.Monty

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Monty said:
Stainless steel tubing on mine and you can unbolt the bottom and have a dryland scoop to boot. In the water it don't have any weight to speak of.Monty

How well does it float??? How about a PIC

ocjeff

Oct 14, 2009
ocean city maryland
Detector(s) used
excalibur, cz20, v3
hi michael, talk to va max. he has been useing a sweet scoop with a wooden handle. it has a half moon basket. hh jeff

rgalan2003

Jun 14, 2005
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put the woodeen handle inside to pvc tube and seal each side whit glue.
Rafael

ede4ka

Sep 29, 2009
Piercesdad said:
I'm thinking of trying the carbon fiber route. Has anybody tried this. Might just be too cost prohibitive.

more than 2 years i used a fiber glass handle from an ordinary shovel that i bought in home depot its very strong and light also very useful.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ede4ka, What is that grip you have added to that? Looks very useful for lifting a fully loaded scoop!

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a pro handle. I think you can get them at prohandle.com. Not exactly sure of the website but I won't hunt without mine

BepiPresot

Mar 3, 2010
North east Italy
Detector(s) used
White's Pi Pro, E-Trac, Safari, CZ21 10,5", Excalibur II 8"
Piercesdad said:
I'm thinking of trying the carbon fiber route. Has anybody tried this. Might just be too cost prohibitive.

This is mine and it is very very good :icon_thumleft:

oubfqs.jpg

2iufjfq.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread