What to do about the rocks?

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm still travelin the north east and looking for the shinny stuff on the beaches. But I'm havin a little trouble with the rocks here in Cape Cod. They are not huge but just a pain in the butt. So my question is does any one else run into this? What do you do about this? Different scoop?Or do you just deal? Oh and any thoughts on good beaches around this area? Any thought are a help.

Thanks
ynpto804

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the rocks you have to deal with it. Gold rings won't sink into a rock but will lay next to it in any pocket they can sink into. Use a strong scoop and go at it slow and don't force rocks to move. Always search around any large rocks in shallow water and hopefully beaches where the majority of swimmers frequent.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
You might consider a smaller scoop, screwdriver, pick or poke device that would allow you to dig down between rocks. As Sandman said, the gold is going to get lodged around, on top of or between the rocks. I have hunted some mountain rivers with lots of rocks and often times the metal objects are wedged down between the rocks. They likely weren't lost there but were washed there and got trapped. HH Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread