gold slumps!!!!!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the pic below was my last gold find! it was found around august 15th. i have not found any gold since!!!! what was your longest slump?? if you are having a slump or have had a loooong one in the past please reply??
S1057689.jpg

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my share of gold slumps, but it's usually because I've allowed myself to get into a stretch of hunting in places where gold just isn't that likely to be found, but I usually know that going in. Sometimes I just need a change of pace or change of scenery, and that's usually when the slumps take place. On the other hand, I've taken 4 & 5 day vacations before and hunted really hard only to come home empty handed. Not that often, but it certainly happens sometimes.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
The last gold I found was Sept 2nd. :( :( I found one piece in June, July, August and Sept and most of those were small. Just keep trying. Persistence does pay off. I am going to have to try some new hunting areas soon cause the old beaches are hunted hard by a lot of folks. More hunters mean fewer finds.

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s
There were 2 knarley ones historically, but I was experimenting with modes and the 1st one was 27 straight and then I had a 25 straight gold-less hunt. IN perilous times like that, you have to enjoy the thrill of the hunt and just appreciate getting some silver and coin, knowing that gold will be in your future!
GH

seeker41 said:
the pic below was my last gold find! it was found around august 15th. i have not found any gold since!!!! what was your longest slump?? if you are having a slump or have had a loooong one in the past please reply??
S1057689.jpg

D

digum smacks

we all feel your pain.the longest has been 3 days but keep in mind i only hunt weekends.but i find when im in a slump i will go out on a weekday night to try to break it.3 days is 3 weeks for me

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
I've got you all beat...I havent found one gram of gold since LAST October! I got out about 18 times this year in the water,but nadda and it seems the tot lots have been hit hard around here bad this year too...feel my pain?! :o

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
7 months...I average about 5-6 gold rings a year, This year has been good, I have gotten 9, Hope for 10...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jersey devl said:
I've got you all beat...I havent found one gram of gold since LAST October! I got out about 18 times this year in the water,but nadda and it seems the tot lots have been hit hard around here bad this year too...feel my pain?! :o

I take it you're hunting fresh water beaches, so try this, as it has put me over gold many times. Most freshwater beach hunters will concentrate their efforts on the obvious beach, often ignoring that section of bottom just beyond the ropes or where the sand starts to mix with silt and weeds, etc. Whenever I encounter a beach that appears to have been cleaned out by other hunters I'll move to these outer edges and hunt them. Quite often I'll pop a few rings that the others have missed. This little adjustment has saved the day for me many times in the past.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
June 11th.

While you're at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!

The beaches seemed to be chock full of suck this year. I'm glad I only do this for stress relief, otherwise I'd probably have found a new hobby by now.

Another new hobby that is . . .

Jack

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there are many reasons for less treasure for all of us.

One being the price of GOLD, with gold so high most of the people that would normally lose it have cashed it in. A friend of my brother who has a pawn shop collected more gold in a one year period then he did in being open for 5 years.....all was cashed in for final sale.

The second being that there are more hunters out there. They see all the finds (some questionable finds too) that are posted on here and they honestly want a chance to find some for themselves. So the more that people post the more hunters that will be out there.

The third being that because there are so many out of work here in Florida, why not buy a machine and spend the extra time out on the beach. On this point I'm not trying to offend anybody. I really have hope that things are going to get better in the job market.

The fourth being that mother nature plays a lot in finding something or not. I learned quickly to stay in an area that has a hard bottom, meaning that the soft sand has moved off of it. Each time I found an area like that this summer I really did well. I also learned not to waste my time when the area is all sanded in, of course there is a chance for recent drops.

Upps, I strayed off the question. I didn't find any gold between August of 2009 and June of 2010. I only went out a few times in that period.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JackInFlorida said:
June 11th.

While you're at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!

The beaches seemed to be chock full of suck this year. I'm glad I only do this for stress relief, otherwise I'd probably have found a new hobby by now.

Another new hobby that is . . .

Jack

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: now THAT'S perspective.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you wanna talk about slumps? how about NEVER!!!
BUT that doesn't stop me from trying!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread