Missouri Lakes, etc.

Overkill Overkill

Feb 18, 2010
Hello all,

Well, due to insufficient funds I decided not to take my trip to Texas.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Google Earth to help inform possible sites to hunt.

Also, I have used the helpful "locations" feature on this website to address the following but would still like more info. Does anyone have any specific Missouri places they have water hunted (I have a Mark II) successfully besides Lake of the Ozarks. I'm thinking of, for example, Mark Twain Lake or Fingers Lake or Stephens Lake, perhaps? I'm considering a day trip to local (maybe even Kansas City-area or St. Louis-area) Missouri places. My goal is to find gold from swimmers, but I'm wondering if Missouri is not the best place to find lost gold. Maybe I will more likely find old coins, etc.?

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way to find out is to go try it. You'll find that there aren't that many inland water hunters. I know I have beach competition at the lake closest to me, but he/she must not hunt the water, because the finds increase about 500% or more in water.

The Mk II is PI right? Be ready for lots of trash, but thats the price you pay.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Most of the 'swimming' lakes of old are long gone in Mo.Best water places now would be the creeks and there are a thousand of them around.That's all people swam in south of hwy 50 all the way to AR.Find any small town,go in for coffee at the local gathering place and the old timers will tell you where all of them use to swim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread