Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the new excal out ( no I dont wanna talk about the new excal or my blood pressure will hit the roof) after hours ( 6 hrs to be exact) of toying with the threshhold, same problem as the previous two machines.. constantly adjusting the threshhold..I decided I would win on this hunt.. so I did nothing but play with that button and yes, it did work great in the water, no falsing.. its just the threshhold is messed up still, and blows your headphones off your head.. nuff of that for now..

I scored junk earrings ( not pictured)
1 wheatie not pictured haven't even looked at the date on it yet..
scored one mens white gold 14kt star sapphire ring.

Lemme tell ya this was the longest most difficult hunt I have ever had but somehow, I managed a decent find.. I think I will stick with my old excal.

Attachments

• starsapphire.JPG
    starsapphire.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 945
Upvote 0

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
I'm not exactly sure this is what you are experiencing, but when my threshold changes pitch on my excal, rather then adjust anything, I swing it next to my scoop and it changes back to where it was.

Yeah, I agree it is a bit of a pain in the back side.

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barebones, I tried that many times, I would get the signal from the scooper but once away from it, no threshhold..so tonite am trying her out again.. then am having Brian use her too.. either way, ML is gonna take good care of me.. they been very helpful today..so in the end, it will all work out..and I will have a good working xcal.. chit happens, no ones perfect so like I said, ML will stand good for me and I will stand good by ML as I always have.. its the only way to swing.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring. I also have that problem with my new Ecal. So I just get it closer to my scoop and get a that higher tone back. I know I have a lot to learn with it. I have only hunted fresh water with it as I am not close to salt water. I wanted something for when I go on vacation. When I got my new Ecal I took it in a week vacation in Indaina and I found 14 rings in a week. 3 gold 2 silver 2 stainless and 7 junk rings. My biggest problem is trying to learn to pin point with it. As sometime I bet I spent 5 mins before I got my target. I hope you get to learn it. I know b next year it is going to be another learning time with mine. Good lck and may more gold come your way.....Matt

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Matt, I dont know how I would react if I found that many rings like you did.. however, I been using the excal 2 for over a year now, so am pretty confident on using it.. but when I got the new one, it didnt act the same way and my threshhold comes and goes, even when swinging it over the scooper, I hear it..but when I move the coil away the threshhold is gone ..no sound at all .. so basically am missing the deeper quiet targets.. but it will all work out as ML is gonna take good care of me along with Mikes help ( 4-h)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread