Very short hunt, but a nice one at least...

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to combine a "beach day" with my wife, and hunt a little too.... Checked out the water first thing, and saw a rather small, but long, cut... Started working it, and the third target I got was this cute little ring... Not much to it, but hey, it's 14k and has 3 diamonds and 4 rubies in it... I know I didnt hit it with the scoop, but it was sure bent.. Nothing a peen hammer and mandrel couldnt take care of in a few minutes...
Maybe $2.00 in clad, and LOTS of slaw... Sure would be nice if they would screen that damn sand before they replenish the beaches... I cant believe more people dont get cut on that nasty sharp stuff...
Water was nice and warm, and only a slight breeze blowing.. That makes ring #23 for the year... Of course, all of those werent gold, but quite a few of them were...

HH all!

Attachments

• 10-13-10 ring.jpg
    10-13-10 ring.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Looks to me like you lost the ring before you got off the beach ;D ;D ;D Doesn't look like your hand!!! I like it.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She really likes it, and it seems the rings I am finding are all "pretty" and with stones lately... But funny you should say that, as we were just going through all the rings I have found (and given her) and she says "when are you going to start sending some of these in?"... I just hate to send such pretty rings in just to be melted down...
But there is probably $700 in melt value gold in her little jewelry box just from the last couple months.. I always send in the plain bands, I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and send the ones in that she is not attached to..

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
very nice ring!
keep up the good work and the pix, thanks

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I agree that it is a shame to melt a ring with bling. I would bet that if you are not in a hurry and are willing to do the marketing, time and effort, that you could post ads on Craig's List or Ebay and sell your bling encrusted rings for much more than melt value. In fact I am quite surprised that jewelers don't buy even simple un-inscribed bands and polish them up and sell them in the window. (Or maybe they do :dontknow:" I am sure they pay much more than melt value even when they buy wholesale. It's not like gold gets "old" like a mechanical thing. HH, Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions