Peltor conversion (blue excal headphones)

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You can do it without cutting but you have to cut up the blue phones to get the wiring out in one piece {Along with the transducers/speakers}, ON the Peltors you have to cut a {U} at the bottom of one cup {Rightside} to slide the main wire into the peltor cup, then as the wire goes across to the other cup you have to cut a {U} at the top of the earcup to slide the wiring to the other side, then the problem here you can't cut the head cushion so you have to silicon the wires to the top of the cushion or go like Silver Surfer did, with a custom setup. Cut the left earcup with the {U} in the top and slide your wires into that side with the transducer, on the Yellow Headphones you have to trim the plastic around the transducers to get them to fit, very little trimming with the Blues. Make sure you double check the peltor cups for fitting of the wires before you cut, I almost had the cup flipped around the wrong way when making a {U} for the wiring to pass thur.....A very easy convert, one Minelabs should have done alone time ago. They stay on your head and Aid in Blocking ambient noise. I even did my Infiniums headphones I like the convert so much... have since switched over all my Peltors HP's to the Koss UR30 mylar speakers. Don't let anyone talk you out of the Blue's, tones are much better then the yellows..........

I notice texasrt did his the same on removal and install with the yellows
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,344620.0.html

Attachments

• peltors 101 infinium.jpg
    peltors 101 infinium.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 476
  • peltors 101 infinium.jpg
    peltors 101 infinium.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 413
OP
OP
erikk

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Thanks Max!!! :thumbsup:

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
I converted my blue headphones before my last trip. I did end up cutting the wire to the second speaker so I could run it through the head band. I soldered the wires back together inside the ear cup and coated the joint with epoxy. One of the hardest parts for me was getting the blue headphones apart. Where the gray and the blue parts meet it just snaps together. My replacement headphones came from Harbor Freight ($4.99). This completely solve the problem with wind noise I was having.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread