Tesoro Sand or Tiger Shark?

bucketheadben

Aug 22, 2010
Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I'm looking to get my first water machine and I'd like to stick with Tesoro. I belive the Sand Shark would be better for all the salt water that I would be hunting in, but what is everyone else's opinion. I know they are both out of production right now, and I can only find used Tiger Sharks. I would appreciate and facts and opinions about the two. Thanks
Ben

Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You posted the same question in the "Tesoro" forum. I have given my opinion there. :icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also posted to this in the Tesoro forum. :coffee2:

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
Just remember with the sanshark you will dig up everything and I mean everything, even freaking staples make it go off.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, two totally different machines!! pi and vlf! i do not have first hand expeeriance with either but....
i have heard the tigershark will false alot. good luck and take your time doing some research.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Tigershark for sale in the classified forum.

CB

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on what type of water you will be hunting ... If your going to be hunting in the Salt --- get the Sand Shark and the tiger cant hang in the salt ... If your in the fresh, the tigershark is hard to beat.

I do know of a Dealer who has -1- unit in stock (Tesoro Sand Shark). He did have 2, I bought the other. :D

If your wanting the sandshark let me know and I will pass on his info to you.

OP
OP
bucketheadben

bucketheadben

Aug 22, 2010
Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
If you could pm me that info I would greatly appreciate it. I am definatly leaning towards the sand shark, but I just can't find one. Thanks

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bucketheadben said:
If you could pm me that info I would greatly appreciate it. I am definatly leaning towards the sand shark, but I just can't find one. Thanks

PM on the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread