Broward County Beaches?

lacey333

Oct 7, 2010
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300, 12" coil, Whites Beach Hunter ID 300
I have been hunting just 2 beaches in broward but on a fairly regular basis and for at least 2 hours at a time. I have only found one jewelry item, a thin SS chain with SS class ring out of at least a dozen trips! I know it's not my machine as I have dug bobby pins at 13" and get ear blasting tones on coins, but even the coins now in the wetstuff are few and far between. I haven't worked the dry that much as apparently the county's beer drinking population resides at these 2 beaches and loves to litter! LOL. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has hit these beaches and noticed a lack there of good finds! The 2 beaches I speak of are Pompano and deerfield beach! Please tell me I'm not the only one coming up empty on these 2 or maybe I just need to put in longer hours? Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks and HH!

:help:

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little hint the beer drinking fools drop all kinds of stuff, money, jewlery, wallets!!!!! HH Chug

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clue. I would hit the dry, one of those pulltabs is gonna be nice fat ring with ice! Trash leads to cash

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that most of Florida's beaches are as you described... Seems to most "seasoned" detectors that this has been a lean year for finds..
We could have used a hurricane or two to move some much-needed-to-be-moved, sand...

OP
OP
lacey333

lacey333

Oct 7, 2010
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300, 12" coil, Whites Beach Hunter ID 300
Thanks to all for your input and opinions! I love the hobby and will never stop trying but I just needed to know I wasn't the only one coming up with slim pickins! I think I might try some local parks just to get a break from the beach! Thank you all again and HH!

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Gotta change it up once in a while.

I do like to beach hunt but tot lots are good to, especially were the tot's Moms like to sit!
Never know what gets dropped, around the swings are a good place too.

Most disgusting sight I've ever seen was the county dumping inland pit sand on to the beach 4ft deep, the prettiest was the next storm washing all that sand right back out. :laughing7:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I live down the street from Deerfield beach, maybe I'll run into you sometime. Anyways, the sand came in by the tons last summer and never went away. Alot of stuff sinks fast. You have to find it while it's still warm☺. Heading out in the morning, but to more lucrative waters.....I hope. finderzzs

D

digum smacks

i see the problem. it isnt the lack of good stuff. the problem is 2 hours. unless you are superman,or get real lucky.2 hours isnt enough time to pick your nose. but on the same token sometimes my buddy says im beating a dead dolphin if i hit it too long.this is something experience will teach you,it took me all these years to tap into that knowledge. but hitting the right spots and sticking with it will produce.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snook is correct, unless your real, real lucky 2 hours are not going to find much even if it wasn't sanded in.......When I go, I hunt a mininum of 5 hours and to be honest that is on the low side of what is required.......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread