Little used lake gives up one good one....

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Doctor appointment so I figured while in the "Big City" I would hit one of the freshwater lakes..... This beach is not used very much, as it only has one parking spot, and it is a handicap spot... But I figured that might also keep other hunters from hitting it also..
Worked it for two hours (about all I could do) and found a few pull tabs, two quarters, two dimes, a nickel, and two pennies.
Also got a gold plated .925 earring, a .925 ring, and a small (3 gm) 14k mans band!
As you can see from the silver ring, been in the water a while. It was 4 scoops down. The gold ring was in the 2nd scoop (about 10" down) so hadnt been there as long..

I only covered about half the area, and only up to mid-thigh depth, so I am going to go back and finish the area. Who knows, maybe there will be more there.
Those rings made #34 and 35 for the year...

HH all!

Attachments

• 11-03-10 lake finds.jpg
    11-03-10 lake finds.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 928
  • 11-03-10 ring.jpg
    11-03-10 ring.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 952
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
Nice gold ring. You anywhere near Lakeland? Don't worry it's not my ring, i'm just wondering if that's the "big city" your referring to. I was up that way last spring and hunted a "city" lake and found a couple decent finds. I try to get out of S.Fl. whenever I can, a couple more years and i'm gone for good.
LOL... No, the "BIG" city to me is Sebring...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Surfer said:
diggummup said:
Nice gold ring. You anywhere near Lakeland? Don't worry it's not my ring, i'm just wondering if that's the "big city" your referring to. I was up that way last spring and hunted a "city" lake and found a couple decent finds. I try to get out of S.Fl. whenever I can, a couple more years and i'm gone for good.
LOL... No, the "BIG" city to me is Sebring...
:thumbsup: I got family and a friend or two in the Sebring/Lake Placid area. I've hunted on the southend of Lake Jackson before, right where that motel is on the corner of Lakeview and US27. Didn't find much that time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread