Little used lake gives up one good one....

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Doctor appointment so I figured while in the "Big City" I would hit one of the freshwater lakes..... This beach is not used very much, as it only has one parking spot, and it is a handicap spot... But I figured that might also keep other hunters from hitting it also..
Worked it for two hours (about all I could do) and found a few pull tabs, two quarters, two dimes, a nickel, and two pennies.
Also got a gold plated .925 earring, a .925 ring, and a small (3 gm) 14k mans band!
As you can see from the silver ring, been in the water a while. It was 4 scoops down. The gold ring was in the 2nd scoop (about 10" down) so hadnt been there as long..

I only covered about half the area, and only up to mid-thigh depth, so I am going to go back and finish the area. Who knows, maybe there will be more there.
Those rings made #34 and 35 for the year...

HH all!

Attachments

• 11-03-10 lake finds.jpg
    11-03-10 lake finds.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 928
  • 11-03-10 ring.jpg
    11-03-10 ring.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 952
Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Good hunt. Even with only one parking spot now, who knows the parking arrangement in the past. Lots of older places to swim were popular outing spots for the locals. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the gold you are going to find. :icon_pirat: HH, Ralph

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt. These are my favorite places as I would rather find one ring somewhere where there used to be a beach or at least somewhere where they used to swim than more rings from a popular public beach.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Those rings made #34 and 35 for the year...

You Florida Boys are killing us up North....Nice One SS

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work!

Were you using the Excal or the Dual Field?

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sweet digs :icon_salut: Any idea what the maker's mark is on the 14K? A couple months ago I found a 10K with the same mark. I believe I have seen some more posted on here as well.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold!!!!

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tnt-k9 said:
Pretty sweet digs :icon_salut: Any idea what the maker's mark is on the 14K? A couple months ago I found a 10K with the same mark. I believe I have seen some more posted on here as well.
I have never really tried to look up makers marks, unless I plan on selling it on an outlet such as ebay, and only did that a couple times..
I guess if it were an eloquently designed ring (not a simple band, they go to the smelter), I would try to find out where/when it was made, etc... Especially if I suspected it to be an antique or retro...
Let me know if you find anytihing out.

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
I believe that the 14K with the F beside it means that it is gold filled or heavily plated.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think so... Everything I have read on filled stuff is marked "GF", not just "F"... I think it is the makers mark.. "GF" stuff (at least to my knowledge) doesnt have a makers "stamp" on it as this one does (triangle stamp).
Also, the high sulfur content in our lakes would have surely corroded a plated or GF ring, as every other piece I have ever found in our soil or water that was GF or Plated has been obviously just that, Filled or Plated..

ScoopDragger

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2009
FG = Frederick Goldman -- a designer.

This is from FGoldman.com:

"Frederick Goldman, Inc.

The Goldman family tradition of excellence spans a period of over sixty years. Frederick Goldman founded his company in the late 1940's as a one-man operation specializing in plain wedding rings.

This once small company, now run by Jonathan and Richard Goldman, has grown to become one of the largest jewelry manufacturing companies in North America offering its customers a large selection of jewelry products across its five separate divisions. With manufacturing resources in the US, Mexico, China, India, Thailand and Korea, Frederick Goldman, Inc. is at the forefront of global competitiveness.

The company's Mission statement is centered on its commitment to long-term growth and industry leadership by providing high quality fine jewelry and superior value through creativity and innovation. The Vision is to be the supplier of choice to its customers.

The complexion of Frederick Goldman, Inc. has changed dramatically over the years with the addition of new branded offerings. Today the Goldman division contains non-branded merchandise in a variety of collections and "looks" for the modern consumer, and is distributed among the top independent jewelers in the country. Diana Classic offers some of the finest, high-quality, guild bridal jewelry in the country known for modern, yet timeless, design and styling. ArtCarved, an established and respected brand since 1850, was added to the Frederick Goldman, Inc. family of brands, and was re-launched in 2003. Continuing to lead the industry, ArtCarved introduced a full line of exquisite Bridal jewelry in Platinum, Palladium, 14 karat white and yellow gold. Capitalizing on the fastest growth opportunities in the market, two new fashion brands have been introduced: Lyric, sterling silver, diamond and gemstone fashion jewelry for women and Triton, rugged alternative metal jewelry for men, have received unprecedented response.

The success of Frederick Goldman Inc. is the result of years of uncompromising dedication to a never-ending quest for excellence. The use of precious metals, precious stones, special finishes and manufacturing techniques has made Frederick Goldman, Inc. masters in the art of jewelry making. Innovation and sophisticated marketing programs, developed and offered across the many divisions, have made the company a leader in the industry. As a result of all that we offer, Frederick Goldman, Inc. is the manufacturer of choice for thousands of retailers across the country.

Frederick Goldman Inc., is a proud member of the Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC) and a Sponsor of Jewelers for Children supporting the Make-a-Wish Foundation, St Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Pediatric AIDS Foundation and others. In addition, Frederick Goldman Inc., participates in the Platinum Guild International, and the International Palladium Council."

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold ring. You anywhere near Lakeland? Don't worry it's not my ring, i'm just wondering if that's the "big city" your referring to. I was up that way last spring and hunted a "city" lake and found a couple decent finds. I try to get out of S.Fl. whenever I can, a couple more years and i'm gone for good.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice fnds SS. I have always liked to hunt the small out of the way lakes also. Can not wait to see what else you pull from there......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread