Signal booster for Excal II

arsurfco

Sep 10, 2008
LOok forward to learning more about this topic... Also would be cool to put a 18 or 20 inch coil on the excal along with the signal booster.

Aaron R.

OP
OP
J

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
Received my Docs treasure screamer and will need some quick advice and help (please). What will I need to hook it up to my Excal II and what tips can you give me for my initial set-up. Also I noticed that it is not fond of water --tips again ---Leaving for Florida in 2 weeks and woulkd like to have everything hooked up and ready. Appreciate your input. TO OLDEBEECHNUT---I will certainly send you a message when I decide to go to OC again--or maybe the Jersey shore also--I am really anxious to try working the beach in AM/PP mode. The one drawback I see to that is if there is too much iron--but when I air tested between the two modes the PP came out on top. HH

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Ran it for 18 months like this, I'm working on a better set up now......It got dunked twice in saltwater, just took it home pulled the battery, let it dry out, and it worked fine. Just be careful. email or Pm if you have any question, Oc sound good just give me a few days notice....One thing about Am/PP it gives you a idea where all the targets are setting which is more info to set up your hunting lane. Once you have hunted like this for awhile and know the target history of this beach you can just about go with out the discrimination mode. On a beach I have never hunted before it's alittle harder, that's where you have to readjust your hunting technique. That the good thing about the Amp, it's there if you need it or you can unplug it and leave it in the car. Pic's from a 2009, and the set up..let me get back to you on the color coding.
email sent out to TC for the quick setup
Hey TC, here are pics from last year the way I had it mounted, I used RCA jacks to hook her up ..just changed it over to mount different..pic's in a few weeks..

1..cut the headphone cord..leaving 3 inchs on the cord to the Headphones...........

2...put a female RCA jack on the Headphone cord

3... then I put a male on that small 3 inch cord attached to HP's

4....Plug every thing in, as pictured, mount amp on side of headphones

............Amp off...........just adjust the threshold on the excal as low as you can hear it, then turn the amp on, like 3/4 strenght, then adjust your threshold down again, turn amp almost full, then turn your threshold down again, to the point of a very faint hum..sometimes I even keep it up just a little..more

.disc, does not work well....not sure why....keep me up on how deep it hits..I would be interested in how it does up your way....find that nice deep target, with the amp on, turn the amp off... check it to see if you can hear it without the amp...........if you don't hear it...it will pay for it's self on the first deep gold...Plus when you hunt with the amp on it's like the coil has fingers, as your swinging, you may hear a faint signal, it could be under the coil, it could be off to the side some where..there's not a lot of out reach but it does make a 10 inch coil cover like a 12..Good Luck TC, keep me posted...........and post you did it yourself on findmall, and a pic of your work... .......................HH.......joe

This worked great for 18 months..working on mounting differently, will have pic;s of that in a few weeks I hope....

red & white together....and black and yellow together..I just soldered the respective ones together then to 1 of each of the two side post on the female rca

picture from this summers setup...

Attachments

• DSC_4829.JPG
    DSC_4829.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC_4830.JPG
    DSC_4830.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0195.JPG
    DSC_0195.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC_0196.JPG