Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc's Treasure Screamer Excalibur

Just got a Whites dual field a month ago and wanted to do a side by side on how well this detector performs on the beach at OC Maryland. The Df struggles with the high mineral content of Ocean City's Wet Beach's, I have done this little compare at the inlet and around 73rd street, with the same results. Using Hot settings from what I have read on the forums. and going as far as trying the factory settings. I would say this detector is deeper then the regular excal & excal II, but not as deep as the Garrett Infinium which is a Pi also. Doc's TS Excalibur seems to be better suited for the conditions at this beach and is able to pull the deeper targets, only because of using the AM/PP Mode and Doc's Treasure Screamer Amp. I was hoping that the Amp may help pull some of the faint whispers of the Dual field also but at this beach there was so much chatter that it cover up all hints of any thing, maybe at another beach this will work..I do have plans for future compares, at different locations, any suggestions are more then welcome (settings, swing speed, anything) Would like to hook up with a Df Pro to even out the playing field in the future and to learn...............joe

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Doc's Treasure Screamer Excalibur

Very nice video Joe.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice, fun watching.

herbcat

Jan 13, 2010
long island, ny
Detector(s) used
mx7 1776 king charles 111 silver reale

:icon_thumright:

great video...thanks for sharing

enjoyed watching the two different detectors.

herb

ocjeff

Oct 14, 2009
ocean city maryland
Detector(s) used
excalibur, cz20, v3

someone told me there was a guy with two metal detectors on the beach, they wanted to know if he knew what he was doing? though it was you. its been sloooow of late. hh jeff

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks guys for the positive feed back, was not sure how the Pi guys would take it...But one thing ....the results could be totally different on another beach between all

jeff.......................someone told me there was a guy with two metal detectors on the beach, they wanted to know if he knew what he was doing? though it was you. its been sloooow of late. hh

Must had been the guy with the fisher cz, that ask if he knew what he was doing?, tried to flag him down but he was moving to fast, Also one group of people ask if it was a archaeological dig. I did get in a couple hours of digging for the day..I gridded about a hundred yard section of the low tide lane, got a few coins..nothing special

Attachments

• DSC_4826.JPG
    DSC_4826.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 490

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Always a good learning experience when watching your videos Joe...well done.. :thumbsup:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice comparison! is there anyway you can get clearer audio in the video? or maybe its my hearing loss ?? i have thought about getting the amp to help with my hearing loss.
chuck.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Seeker.... unfortunately I can't clean that up, the audio is perfectly clear in the head phones but with the vid cam mounted to the Outside of the Headphones it catches all the wind & background noise. My next trip in January I will make adjusts for the low volume of the DF..that way I can get a better idea on what the detector is telling me when I review the video. Craig-PI mentioned that the deep targets that I missed would have been repetitive breaks in the chatter, I don't remember them but with the audio louder I could study that at home. If you have seen any of my first vid's with the excal, it took me a couple trips to learn how set the thresold down to where it was not blasting. Thanks again Guys....Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread