Found/Returned A Christmas wish

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
Just recently I was outside in my garage working on another hobby, since all the water here is now frozen. I was listening to a Christmas music radio station when a girl called in to make a Christmas wish. Her wish was to get her class ring back. She explained that she had lost her 2011 class ring this past summer and that her school had closed last year. Strangely enough I had found a girls class ring that matched the school and year she was talking about. I had tried several ways to locate the owner but since the school was closed I had no way of knowing which school she now attended. I contacted the radio station to get more details surrounding the ring and it turned out that mine was not the ring the girl had called about. Somewhat disappointed, I had given the radio station all the details about the ring, not where I found it but..., and within a day I got a call from the owner of the ring. She identified the ring right down to a rough edge around the base of the stone. She also knew the lake I found it in. We met the next day outside a McDonalds and I returned her ring. She offered a small reward but I couldn't take it. I simply wished her a Merry Christmas and went back inside. This whole event made me wonder though, who felt better about the way this turned out... her for having back a special ring that could not be replaced......or me?

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to read stories like this one. :thumbsup:
Congratulations on the returned
ring. Good Karma headin' your way.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You metal detector people are all the same! Digging up are park, and disturbing us sunbathers on the beach!

For what?!!

:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:
Just Kidding!

You done good!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting