S.E.F. Butterfly coils on the beach

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned the SEF Butterfly 15x18" coil and the Sef Butterfly 12x15"....I haven't use the 12x15 yet but the 15x18" has been real good, and realllll deep.....When I am at the beach, if I am not in the water, I am using my Sov GT with the SEF Butterfly 15x18" coil......

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have 10x12 on my se pro

use it in the woods and water/damp sand...........quiet and scary deep

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in TN said:
The big ones go deep and work great sold mine though case they are way heavy.

Jason

Heavy, but if you use the harness and bungee they are very usuable.....I have hunted for 6 hours straight with the 15x18" on my Sov GT using harness before taking a break for lunch and not had a problem......

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Tried the harness and bungee used it twice found it uncomfortable and in the way a lot with the detector attached to me. Did not like it. Got a aquasound works great at the beach I hunt and goes deeper than any thing I have ever used. Also dig 0 beer caps with it. Sweet detector.

Jason

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in TN said:
Tried the harness and bungee used it twice found it uncomfortable and in the way a lot with the detector attached to me. Did not like it. Got a aquasound works great at the beach I hunt and goes deeper than any thing I have ever used. Also dig 0 beer caps with it. Sweet detector.

Jason

LOL, different strokes for different folks.....I want hunt with out a harness...I got use to it easily, find it comfortable, and love the fact when I am in the water it hangs by my side if I let go of it to work with scoop. I lost my harness on a hunt when I forgot and left it at the showers, didn't realize I forgot it till my next hunt. I thought "it can't be that big of a deal" and hunted with out it for about an hour.

After about an hour, I then put my detector and scoop in the van, walked around the local shops in town till I found a bungee and made a temporary harness...I found for me it made a big difference. I now carry 2 harness with me, always have a backup harness in the van.........If I am not in the water I am using the 15"x18" SEF Butterfly coil on the beach, the dept and coverage is amazing............I dig very few bottlecaps....It is only the very corroded ones for that hard to tell. New ones are easy with the wiggle...

Good luck and good hunting...... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread