S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many hunters aren't on

a Forum of some sorts or another. I know it's snow bird season and see the usual New Yorkers out. But I wonder how many hunters are on a forum or not. i know I see/ hunt with 5-7 of them from here where I hunt, but see probably at least 20 different people consistently here and there. So I guess 40 pct maybe? Figured this board could use a new post any how... Hopefulyl headin to the condo this weekend, and callin for 70's this weekend, bring it on, got a new super 12 for the DFX to try out...

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: How many hunters aren't on

I'm not on. Nothing to post - beach house closed til april >:( >:(

lacey333

Oct 7, 2010
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300, 12" coil, Whites Beach Hunter ID 300

S.S.Tupperware said:
a Forum of some sorts or another. I know it's snow bird season and see the usual New Yorkers out. But I wonder how many hunters are on a forum or not. i know I see/ hunt with 5-7 of them from here where I hunt, but see probably at least 20 different people consistently here and there. So I guess 40 pct maybe? Figured this board could use a new post any how... Hopefulyl headin to the condo this weekend, and callin for 70's this weekend, bring it on, got a new super 12 for the DFX to try out...

I have that coil and love it! It can get overwhelming in trashy areas but I find it shoots nice and deep, especially in the wet sand! If you get the chance read digging deeper with the DFX by jeff foster. It helped me get the most out of that machine and coil!

Goodluck and HH!

Mike

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

s.s. , i have wondered the same thing? how many are just lurking and never post? i dont know what percentage are on or not, amatures or pros? i do know that it seems many are extreamly non-sociable when you try to talk to them.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I haven't been out , but I'm still lurking in the shadows . I'm sure others are probably doing the same with weather an holidays an such .

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have no clue, but I DO know that the number of hunters on our beaches at least doubles when the shiatbirds, er I mean snobirds, come down...
I know they have every right, but man they sure make living here in the "Season" crappy... Even in my little town, you cant do anything like dine out whilst they are here... Wal Mart?? Forget it before 11pm.. Driving? It now takes twice as long to drive from my place to Sebring, and have at least one close call whenever I drive anywhere... Good for business? Yeah, no doubt... Good for quality of life? Absolutely not... I will miss Florida when I move, but I am really glad this will be my last season here.. Not one doubt in my mind that working 5 seasons here in the ER played a MAJOR role in my health problems today..

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I would think its very few online in some type of forums. I just started on the forums last years and I have been hunting since 1974. I know most of the people I hunt with don't even go online. I also know that by the way these people I see hunting in front of me they never even read there detector book. This is a good thing as they only find the top targets.Non of them ever seen surfdiggers video's that's for sure.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree BC, I have an old 5500 for the last 18 years or so... I guess maybe 10 pct or so. Only thing is the snow birds can stand the cold... Just try gettin any where slo or fast in Punta Gorda...

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Silver Surfer said:
I have no clue, but I DO know that the number of hunters on our beaches at least doubles when the shiatbirds, er I mean snobirds, come down...
I know they have every right, but man they sure make living here in the "Season" crappy... Even in my little town, you cant do anything like dine out whilst they are here... Wal Mart?? Forget it before 11pm.. Driving? It now takes twice as long to drive from my place to Sebring, and have at least one close call whenever I drive anywhere... Good for business? Yeah, no doubt... Good for quality of life? Absolutely not... I will miss Florida when I move, but I am really glad this will be my last season here.. Not one doubt in my mind that working 5 seasons here in the ER played a MAJOR role in my health problems today..

Where are you going?

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One Thing i've noticed is a lot of fair weather hunters, if you have a water detector and it's waterproof why not hunt when it's raining or misting as long as their no lightening and most of the water hunters have a wetsuit on or you could put on rain gear and hunt the wet sand,when i was a little younger and lived up north i use to hunt in all kinds of weather we would have a blizzard and i'd be on the beach hunting, and the cold weather all you have to do is put clothes on to stay warm and if it's windy and real cold we use to wear face mask to keep the cold off, you have to dress to the weather, years back a friend of mine said boy how come you got so many gold rings this month, and i would say i was their hunting while you were home staying home in a warm house. me and a friend was at the beach the other day, and it was cold and windy and we stayed about four hours and hunted three beaches, you know how many people we saw hunting ( zero) we had one guy ask us, are you going metal detecting in this weather, and we said that's what were here for. so that's why i said that we have a lot more fair weather hunters than 10 or 15 Years ago.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I expect there are a lot of hunters that might lurk or just are dinosaurs and don't use a computer. I had a friend that wouldn't buy a treasure mazazine because he said it took away from his profit. Huh? He always wanted to read my magazines though.

Of course we always see the finds that someone posts that we think are faked, but if it gives the poster some pleasure what's the harm, unless we run out to order the detector he said he was using. :laughing7:

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I'm still here and been hunting whenever possible, just haven't found anything worthy of posting.
I understand there's a small army of hunters that have been hitting the beaches in the Galveston area.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread