davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got rid of 7.81 american of the narliest looking coins i ever did see in a coinstar at walmart last night. Heck, I didn't even think there was that much in the bowl.

The better looking coins I save for later.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you just want to cash out, what are they charging now?? I have been rolling my coins and depositing in my bank... I seem to remember it was near 10%, and when you are talking $50+, 10% is a decent chunk of change to spend simply to have your coins counted..
My bank hasnt complained once, and I have rolled some VERY nasty coins.. I soak in vinegar to get most of the crust off, but some are still corroded pretty bad.. I asked my stepson (he works at a bank in Idaho) about whether they could refuse to take corroded coins, and he told me that as long as it is recognizable, they have to take them.. That is how the treasury gets bad bills/coins out of circulation...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah but if you can use those types gift cards --

putting in $40 worth of ate up zinc cents in change ( "fee free" so no 10 % discount like normal )=40 dollars thus ( earning the free + $10 bonus amount) and even with paying 43 cents to mail in the card -- that means $40.43 spent will get you a $50 gift card -- thus your turning a profiet of $9 .57 cents on the deal --provided you can use that brand of gift card.

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Coinstar normally takes 9.9% (was 8.9% not too long ago) for a CASH out. But if you can use a gift card they'll forgo the fee. This is great for my Christmas shopping via Amazon.

HH Joe

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I took all my clad and stinking Lincolns down to the safe animal shelter and felt pretty good about doing so. I hope karma works and the animals don't poop where I gotta dig next year in return LOL. I know all those coins I had so much fun digging up in the last couple years will now go to a good cause. It's only dirty money and there always seems to be more where they came from.
Sold the scrap gold and rings with the exception of a nice large showpiece gold cross I found and was paid much more than I expected which made out for a few nice Christmas shopping trips in next few days. I didn't think I had found that many gold pieces of jewelry but after selling them I was just about floored by the money offer I got and the place where I sold the pieces at probably wasn't even paying top dollar. I bet the wife does a 180 and changes her views about metal detecting this upcoming Christmas day!! Helping a few animals and a free Christmas ... Priceless.

JRich

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Going to have to correct this post.. There is NO MAILING required! You just go to the Coinstar website and enter the Bonus code on your receipt. In the case of Amazon yoiu get the $10 via email...with the others they mail you the $10 cards.

Who doesn't like "Free" money?

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions