How long before karma kicks in?

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
About 3 weeks ago I recovered and returned a wedding ring that made my eyes bulge out.

The husband was flailing around in the sand when we (his wife and I) arrived at the spot that she lost the diamond ring. She felt the ring slide off her finger but could not find it.

After asking a few questions, In less then 1-1/2 minutes, I had the ring in the scoop. All I could say was “Is this REAL?” as I handed it to her. She said yes it is.

The young woman was at the point of tears and the husband wanted to give me a cash reward. I refused to accept.

I felt good in the fact that I found an obviously expensive ring and handed it over to a very distraught wife.

NOW. My question, When will karma pay it forward? I would really enjoy a baloney sandwich.

Ralph

Upvote 0

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the karma kicked in 30 seconds after you found it .. but you refused it.. probably shoulda told him to keep his money and get you some baloni samiches.... i know from my own experience i have returned two lost wallets in the last year and ahalf one of which i recieved a cash reward for as this wallet had 2 passports, 25 credit cards, $204.00 u s money and a 20 euro inside.. the cash was nice but knowing that i helped this man was nicer... the man was from france and i invited him to my house... he came back to visit a time or two and gave me a bag of new foriegn coins as he knew i was into that sort of thing... the second wallet i found on the beach had several credit cards but no cash.. turned that one into local police... never heard anything back on that one but it really dont matter.. what you did was the right thing.. i would have given back too but i sometimes find it hard to refuse the reward... all i know is if i ever lose my wallet and someone returns it i guess i owe them some money or at least a very big balony sandwich...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Ralph, sometimes it takes awhile but it is always worth it. :coffee2:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Montauk3 said:
About 3 weeks ago I recovered and returned a wedding ring that made my eyes bulge out.

The husband was flailing around in the sand when we (his wife and I) arrived at the spot that she lost the diamond ring. She felt the ring slide off her finger but could not find it.

After asking a few questions, In less then 1-1/2 minutes, I had the ring in the scoop. All I could say was “Is this REAL?” as I handed it to her. She said yes it is.

The young woman was at the point of tears and the husband wanted to give me a cash reward. I refused to accept.

I felt good in the fact that I found an obviously expensive ring and handed it over to a very distraught wife.

NOW. My question, When will karma pay it forward? I would really enjoy a baloney sandwich.

Ralph

Still waiting for it to kick in for the 2 I have found and returned and the 3rd that they never called back on. I am beginning to become a non believer in Karma :tongue3: In other words don't hold your breath :hello2:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you go looking for a reward for a good deed it'll never come. 'Least thats my experience. It usually comes when you aren't expecting it.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Could be in 10 seconds, could be 10 years.

It's coming.

I had some just kick in after two years.

Boy did I need it.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Soon, ......very soon; when you least expect it.

Nice post!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a small box with some pills in it by the curb while I was getting the mail out of the mailbox the other day,and noticed that it had the address of person on it and she lived right around the corner from me ,when I took them over there the lady who was outside at the time nearly broke into tears when I ask her if they were hers(it took 1 second for the Karma to kick in,for me) and she said that she had no idea where she had lost them,but thanked me for finding them and giving them to her. :thumbsup:

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
If you expect Karma it won't come to you.

Return things out of the good of the heart, the Karma will
present itself when least expected!

You did the right thing too! :wink:

"WISHING ALL A VERY HAPPY & HEALTHY HOLIDAY" :icon_sunny: :coffee2:

ToniSteve

May 23, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
2 Tesoro Tiger Sharks, Sovereign GT, Excaliber 1000, XL Pro, IDX Pro with Mods, M-6, Minelab MusketeerAdvantage,
Did you mean caramel. Go get some hand made caramels, the extra sugar will help you get out and find the gold!

Steve

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ToniSteve said:
Did you mean caramel. Go get some hand made caramels, the extra sugar will help you get out and find the gold!

Steve
:laughing9:

Yea, I don't know about 'karma paying it forward' ...but some caramels would be great.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady wouldn't send postage for return of daughter's High School Ring but wanted it returned. My Karma kicked in when I sent it postage COD insured.

Gambonian

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2010
Something you never thought of...how do you know that your karma wasn't something you would receive, but something bad that would have happened not happening to you. :wink:

EDIT: Wow, just reading my other posts (only have 5 lol) and took me 6 times reading this to even figure out what I was trying to say.

Just saying your karma might not be something you gain but just something bad that might have happend to you being cancelled out....

Last edited:

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time, I don't even recognize it when it slaps me in the face...lol...karma, that is. :tongue3: I usually attribute it to my hard work and preparation creating my luck. :dontknow: But thats just me being silly as I know I have nothing to do with it. I have seen "what goes around comes around" (aka Karma) work so many times its just an automatic.

BTW...I like mustard on my baloney sandwich, you? :icon_sunny:

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think your good karma kicked in with the thankfulness the folks showed, in the recovery of the ring. But for next time, remember.......the folks that offer a reward will be getting a good feeling from paying it and showing their appreciation.

Those that don't have the sense or manners to do right by a HERO :hello2:, which is what you are, will reap their own rewards of a different kind.

Joy in Fl

OP
OP
Montauk3

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Finally, Someone recognizes that I'm an upstanding hero! LOL.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread