Whites Amphibian II, is it a good option for salt water? they ask 80 usd for it!

Chopinco

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Cancun Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
A guy just told me he's selling his Whites Amphibian II, he is asking about 80 :icon_thumleft: usd for it! Tongue I know its really cheap! But if its in good conditions (still working with no leaks and that) would u recomend me to buy it? Ive been looking for a detector that i can use in salt water (dont wanna go deep, just the seashore).

So, what do u think? Is it a good detector? ???
Need ur advise! :o

thanks!!! :icon_pirat:

PD: i know its cheap! But i do want something useful :hello:

Upvote 0

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
It's a VLF! Not so good on Salt Water but if tuned right it works.

$80.00, Not bad It will tear up the beach.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D If it was me I would get it. If it didn't do what I want I would send it off to White's service center and have it checked out and tested. At that price you can afford to spend a few bucks on it if necessary. ;D

I just like water machines. My Surfmaster was around a grand when I bought it new and has paid for it's self many times over. How many? If I told you I'd have to anchor your feet to a reef. It's 21 years old and I just spent $250 to have a new coil and headphones put on it. Only the second trip to White's in 21 years. It takes a dunkin' and keeps on T-Huntin'. They also checked out the board and tested it for leaks. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread