Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for them not letting you on the beaches because of the damage You can fill your hole when up in the dry sand so someone doesn't turn an ankle or complain that your the one doing the damage. In the wet sand where the waves wash up you can relax. Always take your trash out with you or show it to the beach patrol.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he meant not let anyone on the beach due to the damage caused by the storm.

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Hope you get to dig and find some good stuff. If you are willing to be out there in that kind of weather, you deserve to find a pile of gold. Hope you get some.

OP
OP
beachboy

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Sandman said:
As for them not letting you on the beaches because of the damage You can fill your hole when up in the dry sand so someone doesn't turn an ankle or complain that your the one doing the damage. In the wet sand where the waves wash up you can relax. Always take your trash out with you or show it to the beach patrol.
That makes good sense Sandman, also it will be about 20 with winds up to 30-35, wind chill 0 or so, on Tuesday. My wife thinks I am crazy, but I got this in my head and I can not let it go, Wish me luck....

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had planned the 2hr drive to jersey shore yesterday... 20 inches of snow and blizzard conditions changed that :( >:( :'(... o well maybe new years weekend when its 50 degrees.... ya i would think with this driving wind coming of the water some beach erosion should occur... good luck..and be safe..

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure would like to hunt that area sometime so how is the finds in the summer or do you rely on the storms

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
bootyhoundpa said:
had planned the 2hr drive to jersey shore yesterday... 20 inches of snow and blizzard conditions changed that :( >:( :'(... o well maybe new years weekend when its 50 degrees.... ya i would think with this driving wind coming of the water some beach erosion should occur... good luck..and be safe..
I am 15 minutes from the beaches in Seaside Heights and I work in Pt Pleasant Beach. For some reason the storm did not move sand as we would have liked. I have not gone out but have checked out the beaches and there are no cuts. I have some reports of little targets and very soft sand along the water line and half way to high water mark. I am trying to get out tomorrow for low tide. Southern beaches seem to have more sand movement but not a great amount?

OP
OP
beachboy

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
suprdave said:
sure would like to hunt that area sometime so how is the finds in the summer or do you rely on the storms
Late summer is good, yet if you get a good storm in the winter, and usually there are a few, You can do Quite well...I like it in the winter, less people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions