AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 0

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
I just took my AT pro out on first beach hunt I have ever done. I liked the way it hunted, had sensitivity at 4 bars and it was picking up coins at 10 inches, pinpoint is dead on, when I would bump pieces of seaweed it would throw up signal(don't know if it's normal or not). Im happy with it on beach, worked well on dirt searching very trashy area

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto! Works great, very stable on Daytona Beaches. It runs deep, deeper than I am used to and I can't stand digging. I know, why did I pick metal detecting as a hobby? Well I like finding stuff more than I hate digging. So far I like it. If I have one complaint it is that in very trashy dirt, bottle caps come up as coins. My ACE 250 did a better job there. Other than that it has been awesome so far.

Tom

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info ...I just got mine in the mail today just tested it in the house for we have 8 inches of snow on the ground........... But i liked it and i liked the sounds it gave off.........

Attachments

• !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 477
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 479

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are on Lake Erie, since that is fresh water, you will have very few of the mineralization problems we salt water hunters have. You will have a great time with your new machine.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Patrol said:
If you are on Lake Erie, since that is fresh water, you will have very few of the mineralization problems we salt water hunters have. You will have a great time with your new machine.

What about hot rocks, black sand and Iron ore?? :dontknow:

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
You were asking about hot rocks- found three today on beach and at pro sounded like it was hitting bottlecap and quarter

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
erikk said:
Patrol said:

Well i had to quit useing a magnet in lake Erie ...... For it would get full of it looked like black sand but in i think it was iron black in color and the size of sand............. It would just cover my magnets and i would have a rought time getting it off the magnet......... so i quit useing a magnet on my scoop in and around lake Erie................... But it never seemed to affect the working of my detectors.........

Attachments

• 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 396

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
erikk said:
Patrol said:

Well i had to quit useing a magnet in lake Erie ...... For it would get full of it looked like black sand but in i think it was iron black in color and the size of sand............. It would just cover my magnets and i would have a rought time getting it off the magnet......... so i quit useing a magnet on my scoop in and around lake Erie................... But it never seemed to affect the working of my detectors.........

The stuff that sticks to your magnets Keppy is refered to as black sand or Magnetite. It is a pain so I just spray the scoop with a garden hose on the driveway. Its concentration is different on all the beaches and a reason why some guys say their detector works great but another guy says it sucks. Two different locations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetite

DavidRamey

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2010
Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's GMT
If you wrap your magnet in saran wrap, when the magnet gets covered in black sand, just remove the saran wrap from the magnet and your black sand will fall away from the magnet and your magnet stays clean.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
sandman ...... I never knew what it was it just looked like black fur covering my magnet............. I knew it had to be some type of metal but what kind .......... But now i know....... the funny thing was it never bothered any of my detectors.............. The only detectors i ever used on lake Erie was Garrett & Minelab and they both ran nice and smooth..........

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DavidRamey said:
If you wrap your magnet in saran wrap, when the magnet gets covered in black sand, just remove the saran wrap from the magnet and your black sand will fall away from the magnet and your magnet stays clean.
I thought about something like that........ But my magnet is fastened to the bottom of my sand scoop and then it would tear off when i take a scoop of sand.......

Attachments

• addon.gif
    addon.gif
    78 KB · Views: 229
  • addon.gif
    addon.gif
    78 KB · Views: 241

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread