• 101_0005-1.jpg
    101_0005-1.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 490
Upvote 0

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ron,

At least Florida doesn't get 2 feet of snow dumped on it in a day.

Attachments

• SNOW.jpg
    SNOW.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 443

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's hard for non-Floridians to understand. Yeah, you folks up north buried in snow and we rarely dip below 30 degrees in winter here in Central Florida.

But you live down here long enough, even if you're originally from up North, and your blood thins out. That's the only way I know to put it.

Drop a Floridian in 30 degree weather and it'll have the same impact as 0 degrees to a Northerner.

Most folks I know from up North says it takes a bout three years down here for it to happen. But when it does, they can't handle northern weather anywhere near like they used to. It happens to anyone who moves here. :)

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
I wouldn't really mind a bit of frost for a couple of days and then to be able to go out back to the beach to do a bit more detecting.

I use to live in Thunderbay, Ontario. When we'd go out to a bar to celebrate New Years Eve, we'd have to either keep our cars running or plug them into the parking bar to keep the heater coil hot, or we'd never get the darn things started again at -25 F. Now I live in Toronto. It's a bit better, still a bit cold but not deadly cold. Normal winter temps here range from - 5 to 20 F. We built a back yard ice rink 2 weeks ago, it should stay frozen for a month or two.

I just hope that Florida is nice and warm by March, when I'll be taking my annual trip with the family.

Stay warm.

Ralph

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know what it will be in March, but it is suppose to be 70 Thursday, 75 Friday and 77 Saturday... ;D

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Yesterday morning was 29 degrees and we had ice on the docks and boats. My wife slipped on deck and hit her healing broken wrist and is in severe pain. Today it is supposed to go back into the upper 60's with the 70's forcast for the rest of the week. Now that may not seem bad to you with 4 feet of snow and 0 degrees but to us full time residents of south Florida that is bitter. It's all relative to where you live. :icon_scratch: What is that white stuff on the docks and boats? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• Dock Frost.jpg
    Dock Frost.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 293

lacey333

Oct 7, 2010
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300, 12" coil, Whites Beach Hunter ID 300
I moved to broward county 20 years ago from New Hampshire. I used to go snowmobiling in the spring with shorts and a T-shirt! Now when it gets below 40 my teeth are rattling! Your blood definately gets thinner here. I bought a new BHID 3oo and have only got to use it once! The water temp is great, getting out is the problem! Can you say "ice cubes" LOL

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
have al gore send 35 to 40 degrees worth of global warming down to us in florida -- only about 40 today

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread