Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Resent trip in May to South Beach I hooked up with a couple Great Hunters, During this time I was able to shoot alittle video of the guys at there best...Here is Chuck in Miami, Hope you enjoy as much as I did.....Chuck has been snorkle hunting for 30 plus years, and is a Pro. His Gold ring count for 2009 was 68, earning him the top award, Ring Daddy 2009. 2010 chucks ring count is 32......Happy New Year to all, and Good Luck in 2011...Thanks for watching..Obn/joe

Upvote 0

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
Resent trip in May to South Beach I hooked up with a couple Great Hunters, During this time I was able to shoot alittle video of the guys at there best...Here is Chuck in Miami, Hope you enjoy as much as I did.....Chuck has been snorkle hunting for 30 plus years, and is a Pro. His Gold ring count for 2009 was 68, earning him the top award, Ring Daddy 2009. 2010 chucks ring count is 32......Happy New Year to all, and Good Luck in 2011...Thanks for watching..Obn/joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LaLKI0PWgg
Question for u ....How far off shore were you? i didn't see any wave action....Also the water is very pristine and clear, nothing like at the Jersey shore.....just curious...great vid

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe 30 to 40 feet out in the area of 5 to 6 feet deep, very calm waters, total different hunting conditions compared to the Eastern Mid-Alantic Beach's. I know I hunt Oc MD, and have been to the Jersey shores. I would not even think about this type of hunting there...way to dangerous. One reason I enjoy videoing different hunters is hunting condition are so different from place to place..but each time I do learn something that helps me some where down the road...Guess you would say, variety is the spice of life?
But just like all good things.. eventually we run out of time.......thanks guys for the postive feed back.....joe

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet video thanks for sharing....Matt

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent video Joe......one of your
better ones with some real good
pointers and advice. Thanks......
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Nice video.
I use the same technique. It helps to have water with good visibility.
You also find other things that a detector would miss like paper money and even jade bracelets etc.
One thing I would do though is at least tow along a divers flag on a float so you don't get run over by a water craft user not paying close attention.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent video Joe, it brought back many memories of when I do it. I too needed 30 lbs to hold me down and anyone wanting to take up this diving thing should get Scuba instruction and use quick release weight belts. I did very well with a DUI trims system as it was easier to use and stayed where it should be and not slide down to your ankles. You could change the weights depending on which wet suit you needed for the day. The yellow rings floated upwards if you had to release the weight pockets in an emergency.

I agree with the use of a divers flag and float too. The addition of a Hookah sets you up for lots more time down there in the sand or muck. Notice the way the sand is structured from the waves even out 6 foot. I didn't waste time fanning but used a Garrett gold classifier pan to push into the sand like a scoop as it was much faster. I had to teather the plastic pan to me because it would float to the surface.

Attachments

• DUI.JPG
    DUI.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 606

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW! That's an impressive video...excellent photography

Chuck sure is pro in that water....and now I know what "fanning" looks like.

thanks for posting this video, OBN

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also enjoyed the video and the responses for the answered some important questions. Thanks guy's!!

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Nice vid Obn, and well done Chuck for an awesome downtime. It takes effort to swing the coil so smooth and consistent, stay down, upright all at the same time. Nice to see his tecnique. Here in South Africa the waters are generally rougher with a surge that beats you and your gear up in the shallows. Bit more of a challenge but you get used to it... HH guys and girls :icon_thumright:

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grat video :headbang: :headbang:
MO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions