gold tester.........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should start checking on this as I am still using touch needles and Nitric acid. I would worry that the gizmo wasn't working right.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Yes and it is junk....Even had the maker on the phone while trying to get the thing to work, Eventually sent it back and got the Mizar M-24 works like a charm :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
erikk said:
Yes and it is junk....Even had the maker on the phone while trying to get the thing to work, Eventually sent it back and got the Mizar M-24 works like a charm :icon_thumright:

thanks erikk!!!! did they try and send you a working unit?
yes, i was looking at the mizer when i came across the one in question. i am using the acid and stone method right now but.....
thanks to everyone that replied! :icon_thumright:
chuck.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Guy said it was working as it should-faint mark on a sheet of paper. Push too hard & it tears IMHO a POS get the M-24 :icon_thumright:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have that unit and it worked just fine... I still test it against acid tests, and it is accurate.
But, as with most things I have I am selling it... Used maybe 10 times since I used it, and it works perfect. Comes with plenty of strips.
Only gave me a false positive once, but it was my fault, as I had it set at 14k, and the item (per jeweler) was old 9k and then when I tested it again using the lowest setting (10k), it tested negative... But of course it would, since the item was under 10k in the first place.

Anyone interested in buying it, it is in immaculate shape and I will sell it for a lot less than I paid for it..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver Surfer said:
I have that unit and it worked just fine... I still test it against acid tests, and it is accurate.
But, as with most things I have I am selling it... Used maybe 10 times since I used it, and it works perfect. Comes with plenty of strips.
Only gave me a false positive once, but it was my fault, as I had it set at 14k, and the item (per jeweler) was old 9k and then when I tested it again using the lowest setting (10k), it tested negative... But of course it would, since the item was under 10k in the first place.

Anyone interested in buying it, it is in immaculate shape and I will sell it for a lot less than I paid for it..
What unit do you have the M24 or the golden touch.?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread