Etrac vs CZ-21 on the beach

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my ET for a few years now. Hunting both parks and beaches it paid for itself and then some. So after paying bills i was in the market for a water machine. My choice was a Excal or CZ. what ever came first "used". I picked up a used CZ-21 "made 2010" for a good price. Now that i got some swing time with the CZ on the beach. I have to say i like it better.

The CZ just seems more stable and hits harder at depth. The ET does work but it seems to struggle on deeper targets in the wet. Not to mention the ID being way off. Maybe it's because of the simplicity of the CZ :dontknow:. Hip mounting the CZ makes it lighter than the ET with 15in SEF coil. It seems to hit harder and deeper than my ET. Maybe it's all in my head? Maybe getting away from all the bells and whistles makes it more in joyable. I'm looking forward to this next season and putting in some time on the beach.

HH all
EZ

DSCF3229.jpg

DSCF3230.jpg

DSCF3231.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

DSCF3160.jpg

DSCF3159.jpg

DSCF3161.jpg

Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you are doing great! can't wait to see those beach finds! :icon_thumleft:

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
EZ,

I tried hip mounting but didn't like the box digging into my side when I got into water deeper than my belt. So I tried this chestmount, no going back for me. Control box slides off chestmount and back onto shaft or vice versa in seconds. The 20/21 is not to bad to swing when all thats there is the shaft and coil.

HH and good luck in the coming year.

Steve :-)

Attachments

• Chestmount bare resized.jpg
    Chestmount bare resized.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 465
  • chestmount with cz front resized.jpg
    chestmount with cz front resized.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 476
  • Chestmount bare resized.jpg
    Chestmount bare resized.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 426
  • chestmount with cz front resized.jpg
    chestmount with cz front resized.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 436

Bruley24

Greenie
Dec 17, 2010
Treasure Coast, Fl
Detector(s) used
CZ Excal
kaptainkosmic said:
EZ,

I tried hip mounting but didn't like the box digging into my side when I got into water deeper than my belt. So I tried this chestmount, no going back for me. Control box slides off chestmount and back onto shaft or vice versa in seconds. The 20/21 is not to bad to swing when all thats there is the shaft and coil.

HH and good luck in the coming year.

Steve :-)
I had the same experience and recently got the rear mounted Anderson shaft and really like it it balanced out the machine and made level swings with no false on side or kick up I run mine pretty wide open with 10 on Sens and it really makes the unit much easier to use. Still a bit noisy in the surf edge but useable for me. I have hearing loss anyway.
Captain got new Proscoop in this week and already had gold in it. I really like the smaller objects. I have attached yesterdays hunt and can show you our targets I really would have had to chase a while picked up in first or second scoop. Shells do stay in a little worse but not an issue for me as I had lined RTG scoop with 1/4 mesh and already dug them out. I like the product.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 399

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
EZ,

What size coil do you have on the 21 and how are you running it...discrim at 0 or All-metal ?

CZ's are one of my favorite beach units of all time.

OP
OP
EZrider

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kap, do you make/sell that chest setup?

The scoop i use is a Babbs Toro Oro. Love it. Although i do chase the fines. May have to put mesh when i hit the water.

I have my CZ mounted on an Anderson shaft. But on all day hunts i prefer it on the hip, would like to try and chest mount it.

10" coil. I run it from the high tide line down to the low tide. Havent been in the water yet. I used to be in the water when i had a Tesoro TS. So im not new to the game.

I use Disc 0 if its trashy and alot of targets. Once i get down to the low tide/water line. Its mostly clear ill got into auto tune and check with disc. Sens is between 7 and 10 in both modes. Next time i get out there ill do some depth/reading test to verify.

EZ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread