mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should check out the GoPro HD Hero. Amazing videos, waterproof cameras, and plenty of mounting options if you want to mount the camera.
http://www.goprocamera.com/
Check out the videos on their page. They are also very reasonably priced.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Moe if you check out my video's I posted a few days ago. They were taken with the zm1 I bought it from QVC its the size of a credit card and the software is built in the camera so when you plug it in it downloads the software and your done. I liked it a lot. Note I had to send it back only after two uses. It froze in the on position and no buttons would work. A quick goggle search turn up there are many issues with these video cameras. QVC took it back for a total refund they did not offer a new one ???? If you get one to work people say they are great. Target sells them for $49.99 it was so small it was perfect. I am looking at the Gopro but not HD it just takes too long to download video's. This one is on my short list also.$99.99 saw them on Amazon cheaper.
http://www.tachyoninc.com/

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buried Crap NJ said:
Moe if you check out my video's I posted a few days ago. They were taken with the zm1 I bought it from QVC its the size of a credit card and the software is built in the camera so when you plug it in it downloads the software and your done. I liked it a lot. Note I had to send it back only after two uses. It froze in the on position and no buttons would work. A quick goggle search turn up there are many issues with these video cameras. QVC took it back for a total refund they did not offer a new one ???? If you get one to work people say they are great. Target sells them for $49.99 it was so small it was perfect. I am looking at the Gopro but not HD it just takes too long to download video's. This one is on my short list also.$99.99 saw them on Amazon cheaper.
http://www.tachyoninc.com/

GoPro makes a Standard definition camera too for $99:
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/sd-hero-170-camera.php

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Moe, I was looking into the Play/Sport, myself. Looks like it will take care of my needs with no problems.
Will be filming my escapades for family and friends after I land in S/W fl.
:icon_pirat:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Chi Town Bruce said:
Moe, I was looking into the Play/Sport, myself. Looks like it will take care of my needs with no problems.
Will be filming my escapades for family and friends after I land in S/W fl.
:icon_pirat:
This was also on my list I read the reviews and there were mixed toward the quality of the video. The batter last only 90 minutes when take the best quality but I don't shoot 90 minutes any way. The same confusing icon come back to haunt us but once you learn them it doesn't matter. I like it. thanks Bruce for reminding me to look at it.

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Kodak zx3 looks nice. Here are some videos I found:

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
I was also in the market for a underwater (waterproof) camera. It needed to deliver good photos (so flash required) and good video (incl. HD), and also be user friendly and durable. An image stabiliser also makes your video worth watching so that was a definite requirement.

The GoPro HD delivers brilliant video above land, but has slightly diminished video quality under water. This is due to the curved lens. GoPro mentioned that they are busy with a flat-lens design at the moment. Unfortunately the photo side of the GoPro HD was not sufficient for every day use. No flash, only 5MP, limited functionality...

So for me it was between the Canon Powershot D10 and the Panasonic Lumix FT2. Both were 10m water resistant with similar features. The primary difference for me was the Lumix has HD video capibilities as where the Canon does not. I got the Panasonic Lumix (from B&H Photo Video online) and it proved to be a nifty little camera. I have used it over Christmas and new year in Mozambique whilst diving, sitting on the beach, in my sandy pockets for a day... It was even left in the sun for a few hours by someone else and survived. The under water shots were not the best due to rough sea and sandy water in the wash. Pool tests came out briliant. Video was as expected - good. The stabiliser worked well.

Hope this helps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread