Which website is easiest, user friendly to shrink pics? I cant post pics.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Upvote 0

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you use for a program on your computer for your pictures. Most photo programs have a resizing capabilities. If you search your toolbar in the photo program you will find resize in it, then click on the size that you want to downsize the photo for posting.
I use photobucket.com sometimes but it has become more complex to use now then when it first started.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I use "Picasa". It is a free Google download for Photo management. Just Google "Picasa download". It is very user friendly. Once Picase is installed, it will search your PC for photo format files and upload them into Picasa for your viewing and use. Once the photos are in Picasa, the process goes like this: 1. You create a file folder on your desktop where you want to temporarily store the photos you want to upload to TNet. 2. Go to the pictures in Picasa, hold the ctrl key down while you click each picture you want to upload. Each photo selected will appear in the tray at the bottom of the page. 3. Once you have selected the pictures, click on "export" at the bottom of the screen. 4. Select the file folder you just made on your desktop where you want to put the photos and also the "resize" radio button and select the amount of resize you want. I usually slide the button to about 1/2 and they seem to fit in TNet fine and still have good detail. Now a copy of your photos are in your desktop folder at a reduced size ready to upload to TNet or send via email to someone. (You can check the size of a photo file by right mouse clicking on it, then select properties and look under size.) When you are in Tnet you brouse your desktop to look for that file folder where you just put your reduced size photos. I just use the file folder on the desktop temporarily for this purpose and after I upload photos to TNet I delete them and just leave the empty folder ready to put more photos later. Hope this helps. Looking forward to many golden photos from ya :wink: HH, Ralph

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a great program (for YEARS) called Paint Shop Pro... Better than any other photo program I have found, and easy to use.... Then I just attach them to the post... Easy as pie..

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For re-sizing photos I find the program "Paint" easy to use. Follow these steps, there are several other ways to go also but you should have this program on your computer. After doing a few photos you will be able to re-size and save in about ten seconds. icon_thumright

-Open the program "Paint".

-Then click "File" and then "Open". This will bring up the folders/files on your computer.

-Select the file you wish to work with.

-With the file/image open click on "Image". This will open a drop down menu.

-From the drop down menu, click "Stretch/Skew". This will open another box.

-In this box you will see "Stretch" with options for "Horizontal" and "Vertical". The %'s for these will be at 100.

-Change the value from 100 to your new percentage (either shrinking or enlarging) and click OK.

-Save the newly sized photo as a new file so as to retain your original.

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks all, I downloaded the website Kentucky Kache had a link to. Havent used it yet, but will! Thanks!

K

Kentucky Kache

stevemc said:
Thanks all, I downloaded the website Kentucky Kache had a link to. Havent used it yet, but will! Thanks!

It's really easy to use. PM me if you have any problems.

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks. It is on my picture program now, seems easy. I will post as soon as I get out!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Surfer said:
I use a great program (for YEARS) called Paint Shop Pro... Better than any other photo program I have found, and easy to use.... Then I just attach them to the post... Easy as pie..

I've used Paint Shop Pro for years. All the Photoshop plugins work with it as well.

Another GREAT easy to use program is called Irfanview. It's free and can be downloaded from where else? .... http://www.irfanview.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions