Pinellas County Beaches In Florida

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
:icon_scratch: For those who live around or have just visited Pinellas County Beaches in the Tampa Bay area, which beach if any do you have a preference for? For instance reasons such as location, comfort, scenery, past successful hunts, etc. Of those who have or do metal detect in Pinellas County, do you only hit the beaches or do you also venture out to places like tot lots, parks, excavation sites, etc?

Curious of any and all answers,
Bobby

Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All beaches are OK from Clearwater down to St. Pete Beach. It's all about if you pass over a good target.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Tons of beaches, Clearwater Beach is probably the most hammered beach for detectorist in the area, in and out of the water. I water hunt mostly due to the fact I can spend hours in the water and loose track of time average is between 6 to 8 hours. I'm having so much fun. When I detect on land 2 to 3 hours. In the water it's the scenery, the sea life, dolphin's, rays, fish, oh scenery lets see yep Spring break will be here soon. Drawback to Clearwater beach in the mid morning afternoon is the traffic drive time to get there and then finding a parking spot.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like the CWB's but I don't like the high price for parking. $10.00 is a lot of money for parking. True, one good find will pay for the cost but with so much competition, those great finds become evermore scarce. I do know downtown has a lot of parking meters in the business district. I'd use my Garrett Ace 350 with a Sniper coil and pound those tree lawns.
Go to the local Historical Society and check out photos of Old Clearwater. Where did everyone swim before the bridges were built? Become a field volunteer for them and possibly get permission to hunt some of the older homes in the area. Anything historical to the region goes into the museum and the coins in your pocket. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread