Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box

johnmarkham15

Dec 17, 2010
pataskala ohio
Detector(s) used
min lab excalibur 2 1000/garret ace 250/pinpointer pro
check out my facebook pics of my finds with my excalibur 2 1000,id say it works great for me
as for a training tool,read all the books you can find,buy a cd called the ear traing cd for the excalibur by tony diana,you can buy it from kellyco
hope this helps
john

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
architecad said:
If you ask this question to all Floridian hunter, definitely they will say "YES".

That depends on which Floridian ya ask. I've hunted along side 2 other fellas both using excals on our last several outtings ... Minelab Gold: 0 - Tesoro Sand Shark Gold: 39.5 grams.

Everyone has their favorite machine. Truth be told, it does not matter what machine you have. If it's your day to find it, and your coil is over it, you'll find it. It truly is as simple as that.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fisher2 said:
can anyone make audio files for the differant tones of metals like coins pulltab gold silver etc and youtube it or does anyone know where i can get an audio of those tones for free

Personally I would not waste any money on tone cd's! Why? Well first I use my excal in all metal, thus the tone is almost the same all the time! It's the the shape of the tone I'm listening for, along with other characteristics that help me find the goods! Its really all about practice!! One big thing that bugs me is that when a gold ring is 6 inch's down it sounds like it could be anything!!??Low or mid Tones????? What??? Only when it gets closer to the top dose it sound like a low or mid tone!!! Maybe I'm tone deaf?? Just my two cents but it is all about pratice, patients and try some bench tests! Good luck and have fun! :icon_pirat:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DewGuru said:
architecad said:
If you ask this question to all Floridian hunter, definitely they will say "YES".

That depends on which Floridian ya ask. I've hunted along side 2 other fellas both using excals on our last several outtings ... Minelab Gold: 0 - Tesoro Sand Shark Gold: 39.5 grams.

Everyone has their favorite machine. Truth be told, it does not matter what machine you have. If it's your day to find it, and your coil is over it, you'll find it. It truly is as simple as that.

It really doesn't matter what machine your using, if you don't get your coil over gold, your not going to find gold............ :P

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
I haven't been inside my Excal , but the Sovereigns have a " Tone" adjustment pot on the board ..... I had my Sovereigns turned up to a higher tone as it was easier for me to hear those higher tones than listenning to the lower tones that were set on the stock machine .......A little bump one way or the other might make the tones change a little too .....Each machine has it's own tone so you would basically have to learn the machine you are using ..... Jim

That's true what you guys are saying about your coil going over Gold , or any other target ...... Being at the right place at the right time has a LOT to do with whether you're going home with Gold or not .....Also , Location Location Location !!...... More people on the beach ....more of a chance of them loosing something !!..... People throwing Frizbee's or playing Volleyball ...all the better !!...Jim

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
synthnut said:
I haven't been inside my Excal , but the Sovereigns have a " Tone" adjustment pot on the board ..... I had my Sovereigns turned up to a higher tone as it was easier for me to hear those higher tones than listenning to the lower tones that were set on the stock machine .......

Wow very interesting in order to tune your machines, would one send it to Minelag :-\ if so it might take awhile :dontknow:? Has anyone tuned up their Excal???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally have no need to tune mine, I have no trouble hearing tones, even fait tones on mine. I did splice on a nice set of headphones onto my Excal, blocks out most all outside noise and I am able to hear faint tones as well...

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
Go with the Excal you'll have no regrets. :icon_sunny:

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:hello:
my excal II has NOT found a thing in the last month!!!
maybe its time to take it to the water?
76 at the beach today so i am on my way!!
u will NEVER find anything if u don't use it

JedinNC

Jul 7, 2009
Topsail Island/Raleigh, N.C.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II , Nokta Legend, Equinox 600, Excal II, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's M6
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love my Excal II. Also check out cjc's latest book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread