geez, guy im not broke

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
to the guy with the pink frisbee.

detecting the beach. a frisbee game broke up. guy asks what im finding

not much well here ,god bless you....

a handprinted bible verse showing.

well i said ill look at it later.

heres something to brighten ur day.

that nite i open it had 5 dollars inside

hey, i may look like a bum but im on vacation

im wayyyy overweight dont appear underfed.

and this here a 1400 dollar metal detector

karma so gave to stoplight do gooder collector.

Upvote 0
D

digum smacks

hey scrounger,had nothing to do with you being thought of as being poor,had nothing to do with money!the guy was spreading the word,and left you a little gift.a good person giving a gift from the heart.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey he is just giving back to the world. You was one of the lucky ones to receive some money from him.....Matt

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
It's funny the impression some people have of us because we have a metal detector. I try not to judge a book by its cover but I wonder how many times we see someone who looks different or is doing something that we don't understand and totally get the wrong idea about them? Good karma to you for passing it along :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I must have had a sad look on my face at a Mc Donalds about 2 months ago when the man next to me offered me $ 3.00.. I thanked him and told him to give it someone else.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've detected some bad area's of town and I think thats all that saved me is they thought I was some kind of bum looking for change and I would like to keep it that way if they knew how much my detector cost I might have been in trouble.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D You may be looking at this from the wrong point of view. The guy was likely giving out bibles with a message. If you looked in the Bible you would be rewarded for using your time to read the word of God. If you threw it out or put it away or never looked at it you were not rewarded. It may have had nothing to do with how you looked or were dressed. I think that would be a novel idea. Now everyone who read your post and gets a Bible will at least look in it. Who knows, maybe even read a few pages. :read2:

Another thought I like is to never try to repay a favor, you pass it on!
A guy I worked with many years ago told me that. I was stuck in deep snow and he came over to help me get out. It took hours and I offered to pay him for his time. He told me, "never repay a favor, pass it on." I try to do that every chance I get. Try it yourself, you'll like the feeling and be better for it. ;D

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well, worked this spot ,some couples walk by,chit chat...i cross this area again on may way out and found quarters they threw in the water ::)

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
It really IS better to give than to recieve ........ When you get to that point in your life , you will understand what I'm saying ...... You will be blessed , and you will appreciate it !!....Jim

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
I like the thought of "Never repay a favor".

Gonna have to tell it to my kids one of these days.

Cheers,

Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread