Florida trip scheduled in Feb ! Need advise

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I will be staying in Stewart, Fla. IN February. Bringing my X cal 2 machine this time. Can anyone suggest a beach that may be fun to hunt. Are there any beaches that are NOT sanded in like my last trip 2 years ago. Was there a week and found hardly anything. Tried from Sebastian to port St Lucie with not to much luck. Of course I would love to find some REALE treasure but we all know that we need a storm or some heavy duty wind to cut the sand away..... Please advise me..... I do not mind driving even if we have to stay in that area for the evening... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE..... Whydah

Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand has only been building, it's really slo... I was happy to dig a few bobby pins just to make sure my machine was workin...

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beaches have been really slow for me. I'm hunting land sites almost exclusively right now. Finds will likely be scarce until people start going back to the beach, hopefully in March if our weather here holds out.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
With conditions they way they have been lately, buying lottery tickets might have better odds. On our beaches, we have more Snowbirds with detectors this year than I have ever seen, white legs with shinny detectors. Sand, sand and more sand, then the water temps have been in the high 50's, not to many people swimming and loosing anything. The best thing you can do with limited time, is drive until you hopefully find a beach that has a trough to hunt. I doubt if anybody will give up a productive beach, on the internet, with gold at $1,350. an ounce.

But if was easy everybody would be doing it. Enjoy your vacation and be thankful you won't be shoveling snow.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the responce, I had a feeling it was sanded in all the way up & down the coast on all the beaches....Just my luck, well I guess I'll get plenty of walking in for sure. Maybe just keep driving till I can find an area that just might have a small cut or something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread