Waterproof Bag for waterhunting

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have put keys and stuff in a plastic bag-zip locks with and without zipper, and some have leaked. If you do use a zip lock baggie, only use the door lock key, and only if it is NOT a chip key. I am talking about the regular, box of Baggies, zip locks. There is a sealed jar thing, sold at surf shops, dive shops, etc, that is like a large key chain fob and it opens up by unscrewing an end, and it has an O ring for water proofing. It is plastic, and thin about 2" in diameter, and about 4-5" long. Or you could use a secret place to hide your keys, but if the car is out in public, and the area where you would hide the key is too, then that wouldnt work.

treasurejones

Oct 4, 2007
NW Houston/Baytown/Pasadena/Galveston, TX
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 and a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
The ziplock bag is great idea. When I go Kayaking I put my cell phone and keys in a Dry-Pak and wear it around my neck. They are not too expensive and some how you can talk through the dry-pak on your phone without opening the bag. Cool uh?

There are several stores in my area that carry them - Academy and FTU (Fishing and Tackle Unlimited). Anyways if you like the dry-pak you can order one from the FTU weblink.

http://www.fishingtackleunlimited.c...ame,descrip,xmanufac&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=2

TreasureJones :sign13:

Attachments

• Dry Pak.jpg
    Dry Pak.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 438

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nothing, I had a non-chipped key cut at Walmart for $1.00. I carry that in my finds bag and use it to unlock the truck door with my expensive keys locked inside. I also have another non-chipped key in a hide-a--key box on the frame in case I loose the other one. Worst I am out is a lost $1.00 key.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Leave it all in my truck Glued a magnet to bed key and attach under tail gate Never have to worry about losing it in case I get rolled :thumbsup:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Can Slaw said:
Nothing, I had a non-chipped key cut at Walmart for $1.00. I carry that in my finds bag and use it to unlock the truck door with my expensive keys locked inside. I also have another non-chipped key in a hide-a--key box on the frame in case I loose the other one. Worst I am out is a lost $1.00 key.

I do exactly the same. I got 2 cheap keys made. One I carry tied on a shoestring and in my finds bag and if that one should get lost I have another in a hide-a-key box. :wink:

OP
OP
Sand Scoop

Sand Scoop

Oct 7, 2006
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT--Excal II
Thanks for all responses,I think one of the Kwik Tek - Dry Paks will do the trick.I can carry a few bucks for a burger on the boardwalk also..

lacey333

Oct 7, 2010
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300, 12" coil, Whites Beach Hunter ID 300
I think I'll invest in a dry pak myself! When I was water detecting I used to keep my phone in my top pocket and never had a problem because I didnt get any deeper than waist deep! well, One day I got slammed in the back with an unusually large wave that almost knocked me completely over but I caught myself and kept detecting when all of a sudden my detector starts going crazy from interfearance and then I realized it was my i-phone I was passing over! >:( so, nothing goes out with me any more! Maybe with one of these bags though!

Tab Hunter

Sep 24, 2009
Can Slaw said:

Yea I did the same thing but I put mine in a small thin waterproof plastice box along with my drivers license & room key if I'm on vacatio...then I put it all in a zippered pocket of my shorts....got the box from R.E.I...I think it had first aid stuff in it, they also carry empty boxes.....

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I seen something at wally world in the sporting goods section here it's a sealed box they come different sizes used for coneing,kayaking or diving you can put your wallet keys and some other stuff in and either wear it around your neck or wrist.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drewan29 said:
I seen something at wally world in the sporting goods section here it's a sealed box they come different sizes used for coneing,kayaking or diving you can put your wallet keys and some other stuff in and either wear it around your neck or wrist.

I have used them, the only problem is if it is used at salt water beaches, the hinges rust and eventually the top falls off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread