What is a Wot coil ?

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 inch coil used on minelabs.... see gravediggermax post about 60 posts down on this beach forum... click on the video and you will get a look the wot he is using on his explorer... wot--wonderful-orange - thing... i think thats what it stands for...

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WOT, stands for Wild Orange Thing. It is a 15" DD(Double D) coil put out by Coiltek, and mainly used in Sov, Excal and I think some other Minelabs. It was the first bigger coil for Sovs and excals, and became popular. Kellyco and a few others sell them. Minelabs came up(I think) with the DD coil. Most minelabs have DD coils. Instead of having a cone shaped field of detection, a DD coil has 2 coils both with a D shape, and the middle, the whole middle is the detection area, so it is big rectangle or square going down, instead of a cone. In other words, finds more stuff! It is hard to get used to the pinpoint though.

OP
OP
W

Who's the boss

Jun 30, 2008
Ok thinks
My second question is with the excalibur, between a 10" coil and a 15" coil ,in depth, how many I win ?

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
stevemc said:
WOT, stands for Wild Orange Thing. It is a 15" DD(Double D) coil put out by Coiltek, and mainly used in Sov, Excal and I think some other Minelabs. It was the first bigger coil for Sovs and excals, and became popular. Kellyco and a few others sell them. Minelabs came up(I think) with the DD coil. Most minelabs have DD coils. Instead of having a cone shaped field of detection, a DD coil has 2 coils both with a D shape, and the middle, the whole middle is the detection area, so it is big rectangle or square going down, instead of a cone. In other words, finds more stuff! It is hard to get used to the pinpoint though.
Don't think U R going to find a WOT @ Kellyco but do a Google search & U will find a dealer
Much deeper than a stock 10

Attachments

• 6 machines small.jpg
    6 machines small.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 494

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The WOT coil is much deeper than the stock coil and it can pinpoint well just off the tip without having to even use the pinpoint mode. Treasure_Hunter and Max of VA beach can tell you how to do this quickly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread