Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
The bee went out for her second trip with the yellow and black wetsuit. I wasn’t expecting to find much since it’s been way to cold for anyone to go swimming but I was pleasantly surprised. No, I didn’t find any gold but I came home with 3 silver rings, 61 cents in clad and the usual array of junk. All in all, it was a good hunt. Especially since I only spent a little less than two hours doing it. Not bad at all.

They were all totally black and I figured two of them were silver but was surprised to find that all three were silver. I wish I could get them to “shine” like the rest of you do but evidently I just don’t have the knack. I have a nice electrolysis unit. I have a chamois. I have jewelers rouge. I have silver soap. I have a dremmel that I can buff it up with. I have a silver cleaner/polisher cloth and still…. I just can’t get that sparkle. Ah well, no matter in my eyes they are pretty so that is all that matters to me.

This one says Sterling on the inside and it's a large but thin ring. It has a pretty scroll design on it but it's hard to see since I can't get it shining.

Ring0216113.jpg

This one is stamped 925 inside

Ring0216112-1.jpg

This one is also stamped 925 inside On the outside it says..... Friendship Love Happiness

Ring0216111-1.jpg

Not bad for my second day out this year in my new wetsuit. :wink:

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Marvelous job on the cleaning, Mumszie! :hello2:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Must be some Mojo in that Bee suit huh? Super nice going Mums. 3??? 3??? You go girl, gonna be a great year yet. :hello2:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver shine or no shine is better than copper or slaw! Good hunt mumz! :thumbsup:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job. :icon_thumleft:

I can;t believe you're finding real jewelry at the beach right now.

Guess they aren't as cleaned out as we may have thought. :icon_pirat:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Mumszie ... :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: BIG Congrats!

A 3 ring day is nothing to sneeze at. That suit "suits" you just fine!

HH Joe

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie - Nice finds. You sure have plenty of cleaning stuff, but I usually use just one thing and it works well for me. Tooth paste!

Put some between your thumb and fingers to clean the ring. Rinse paste off and polish with silver cloth and/or dremmel tool polisher. Works every time. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!!! :icon_thumleft:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mat,i found a silver ring just like the one in your avatar. Congrats Mumszie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread