lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out for three hours today in the sunshine....no wind

Hunted low tide mud , which was more like wet cement at this beach...heavy on the scoop.

Managed a nice silver ring, and some other "stuff", including a men's heavy ring that nearly blew my headphones off with the target sound....don't have a clue as to what the metal is.

Here's pics

Thanks for looking at my finds for today.

Lorraine

Attachments

• Picture 7092.jpg
    Picture 7092.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 501
  • Picture 7112.jpg
    Picture 7112.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 500
  • Picture 7094.jpg
    Picture 7094.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 503
  • Picture 7114.jpg
    Picture 7114.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 508
  • Picture 7100.jpg
    Picture 7100.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG On the silver and cant wait to see the other one again after you are done with It.

It looks stainless, just wondering about the rust maybe its a spinner and the spinning center is a different metal Chug

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you made good today that is for sure . And just think of what you will find when it warms up and you can stay for awhile !

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Love the silver! The other looks stainless.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Chug and Red said:
WTG On the silver and cant wait to see the other one again after you are done with It.

It looks stainless, just wondering about the rust maybe its a spinner and the spinning center is a different metal Chug

Chug, I just checked out this ring further....you are sooooooo right..it's a "spinner" ring; I would have never known that; the center appeared so solid...... I thank you for mentioning it.

It's not magnetic, either, but maybe there is a high nickel content in the metal ?

I loosened the spinner with olive oil....spins nice now.

Attachments

• Picture 7125.jpg
    Picture 7125.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 441

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great hunt Lorraine..... a silver
ring and a sweet spinner ring. They sure
shined up purdy!! HH Gold Nuggets :hello:

Texcam

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Cool ring, I was thinking it may be a type of stainless that rust.

Sounds like you had great weather to go along with your great hunt.

Thanks

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Never got a spinner before? Spinner means it moves? In the mud have you tryed a simple shovel? I tend to switch back and forth from scoop to shovel depending on sand, mud or rocks! Warmer weather coming enjoy it! As it may not last long! :icon_sunny:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine, you always find the coolest stuff.. I always loved those spinner rings.. great for folks that fiddle with their rings, have ya ever noticed folks doing that..hence the spinner ring, ya can spin in the morning, spin at supper time and just fiddle faddle spinning all the time.. lol...I used to sell em when they first came out years ago.. yes, I am a spinner too, I love fiddling n spinning my rings around..

Nice super score you had today as well.. big time congrats to ya.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
surfnturf said:
Great finds! Never got a spinner before? Spinner means it moves? In the mud have you tryed a simple shovel? I tend to switch back and forth from scoop to shovel depending on sand, mud or rocks! Warmer weather coming enjoy it! As it may not last long! :icon_sunny:

Hi surfnturf,

Yes, the center section of spinner rings is loose and one can spin it at one's leisure (check out Bootybay's post above.)

I do have a shovel that I use for dirt diggin'....and I could use it in this thick mud; maybe I'll try it today.

thanks for the tip.

Lorraine

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
nice spinner and congrats on the silver! Finally we get some nice weather!

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one COOL spinner ring!!! I have found two, one size 14 (YIKES) Sterling, and one Titanium... I wear the titanium one and "fiddle" with it all the time...
Still need to find a Platinum ring, other than that, I have found every type of ring. First Signet just a couple days ago, so checklist is almost complete..
Great finds, and fantastic job of cleaning them!! You using electrolysis on the silver?

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lorraine,

Your finds remind me of my dream last night...I was on a small beach with a couple friends and about a thousand other "kids"...rings and necklaces were lying on top of the ground and some buried. I knew this place had to be loaded with great finds! I was headed to get my detector and the darn alarm went off, end of dream!

All we have during our long winters up here in the interior of Alaska is T'Net and our dreams! So please guy and gals, keep your finds stories coming...pictures too!

Thanks for sharing Lorraine! Great finds! Would love to join in on the fun!

Bring on the --> :icon_sunny:
Ang

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Silver Surfer said:
That is one COOL spinner ring!!! I have found two, one size 14 (YIKES) Sterling, and one Titanium... I wear the titanium one and "fiddle" with it all the time...
Still need to find a Platinum ring, other than that, I have found every type of ring. First Signet just a couple days ago, so checklist is almost complete..
Great finds, and fantastic job of cleaning them!! You using electrolysis on the silver?

Signet rings are one of my favorites.

I found a ring a couple of years ago ..14 K band, with 3 diamonds, and with Platinum prongs for setting...that's the extent of my Platinum finds, but I'll keep it. :icon_pirat:

This "Spinner" ring is a size 12; I have found a couple of "Spinner rings" over the past 5 years ; my checklist still has a "Shriner's " ring listed...I would love to find one of these.

Re: electrolysis : I use this method only for thickly, heavily tarnished silver...otherwise it's just a soak in Tar-n-X, cool rinse , a thorough brushing with baking soda, and then buffing with jeweler's rouge.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lorraine said:
Chug and Red said:

Chug, I just checked out this ring further....you are sooooooo right..it's a "spinner" ring; I would have never known that; the center appeared so solid...... I thank you for mentioning it.

It's not magnetic, either, but maybe there is a high nickel content in the metal ?

I loosened the spinner with olive oil....spins nice now.

Ive found 2 spinners my self It had the look of on Great finds I saw the mention on your last post and went back to this post to check it out Chug!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread