Clearwater, St Pete area of Florida.

bullFL

Mar 2, 2005
Clearwater Beach Area FL
:D
Go right ahead and hunt the beaches. St. pete and all of the way up past clearwater. I have personally hunted all of these beaches. Clearwater beach is heavely hunted daily both on the beach and in the surf, by a multitude of guys like us with metal detectors.

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
Yeah I noticed that Clearwater is heavily hit. At least 5-10 people on the weekends, sand and surf. I have been using that beach to test my equipment and because its open pretty much all night. Now I want to hit St Pete, Fort Desoto, Madera and even head south to Venice. I usually get out really early on weekends, before the sun comes up and and allot of beaches aren't open to the public yet. I haven't hunted beaches at night and am a little cautious to do so, allot of drunken punks wandering around in the dark looking to fight. Even at 6:30 AM there are some questionable people milling around. Are all the beaches hunted as hard as Clearwater or are there some quiet beaches to hunt before dawn. I really like Honey Moon Island and am gonna hit that one hard this year. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't open till 8 AM. If you want to hook up let me know. Have detector, will travel. HH.

CHRIS

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hey Buckmild1,
I have tried Howard Beach and did find some clad however on the way out I stopped in the park (picnic area) and picked up a lot of clad.
I've also tried the causeway both ends, very little, and I think I just read they are going to start charging $10.00 per day for parking there.
I thought about Honeymoon, maybe even the dog beach there. How much is it to get in now? How about on the way out to the beach? Near the sailboat rental. I used to fish there alot and there is a big shallow area there that people swim in.
I've heard that you need a permit for Ft Desoto, I think it's free??
Good luck and HH Baddog1

diamondstar

Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
Detector(s) used
DFX
Buck, last August I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Treasure Island while visiting family. During my stay, a couple from Northern Florida were also staying at the hotel for the weekend. While they were at the beach the ladies husband picked up thier belongings and did not notice she had removed her wedding band and wrapped it up in her shirt for safe keeping. You can probably figure out where this story is going, yes the ring fell out into the sand and could not be found that day nor by the end of the next for they left on sunday evening, I left that area on the following Tuesday to return to Illinois. In that time I did not see any one back looking for the ring nor do I know if it has been found but if you are in that area look here....As you travel south through madiera beach you will come to a place called Johns pass go over the bridge and about a block on your right you will see a Holiday Inn Express. The location of the area of the lossed ring was straight out from the southern most point of the Holiday Inn building and I would say approximatly with in a 50 yard area off the water during low tide this atleast gives you a starting point, again I do not kbnow if the ring has been recovered. While the ladie was frantically crying and amongst the several people visually trying to help her find it she mentioned that the ring was worth around $6,000 and it was made out of Platinum. so you will not be looking for Gold. If you do find it I am sure the people left thier name with the Hotel if you feel like finding the owners. Good luck hunting.... ;D

N

nutso

Last time I was at St Pete, I was told they had rebuilt the beach. The dude said they used what sounded to me like a dredging gizmo and it sucked the sand form further out and sifted it and put it on the beach. However, I have no way of knowing if thats true.
That was a while ago, probably 5 years or so. I did find clad, 50mm shell casings, a 22 cal clip (full) a cheap ring and alot of garbage at low tide. Alot of items can be lost in 5 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread