47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's keep it Positive

Hey folks this forum is a great wealth of knowledge. Myself, I learn something from somebody nearly everyday. If people continue to question other people's finds we stand the possiblity of running off some very knowledgable members.

This is not the place to question another person's finds. Actually, I believe there are rules against that. Let's keep it positive and congratulate others on thier finds.

Remember this isn't a competition, it's a hobby! With it being a hobby, the sharing of information should be relished as a way to keep the hobby strong.

I know whenever I'm on the beach and see another hunter, I always exchange pleasentries, even if its just a wave. Why don't give each other the same courtesy here?

If it's jealousy? I'm the one who should be questioning beach finds. In 3 years of beach hunting I've found 1 Tiffany charm and 1 10k and cz ring. And nothing since Thanksgiving 2009.

Now I will be honest, there is another board on this forum where I have questioned a person's finds, but I contacted the Mod and informed them. The person I was questioning nor any other member was ever aware.

Let's have fun and keep it positive.

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Let's keep it Positive

Any time you have someone finding anything of value, whether it be fossils, arrowheads, Civil War relics, old bottles, modern jewelry or shipwreck coins on the beach, you will have a certain criminal/jealous/greedy/etc factor that wants to find it. I know most of the questions and skeptisism has been offline via phone calls and PMs. Some of it has been interagation techniques and reverse psycology to try and find out exactly where things are found. I have been there, my father has been there, and my friends have had this done. Now with my fellow board members/friends. I have seen it here in the past 12 or so years I have been on here. The reason why anyone shows their finds, is because they are proud of them. But it also causes the jealous to get downright dirty with scare tactics to find out where to go. They might not even go there, but they still persist. If it causes someone who regularly posts finds, to not want to, and to keep quiet about it, it is a shame, and it also is their choice. It was a forced choice though.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stevemc said:
If it causes someone who regularly posts finds, to not want to, and to keep quiet about it, it is a shame, and it also is their choice. It was a forced choice though.

It is their choice as to post or not. But, if another member is making one feel forced or scared into not posting finds or quitting the forum. Well, that needs to be dealt with.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I totally agree with you guys I myself learn something everyday. Those that do not find anything are mostly jealous and want to know where you have found your treasures so they can possibly go there, myself I am more interested in your techniques rather then discreditting anyone I myself have found things and even my wife found it hard to believe me when I came back from hunting. I hope all the crazies out there do not chase anyone off

Jack Straw

Jun 24, 2010
PA/UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

I like this place. i like 99% of the folks here. i even hunt with some (would like to hunt with more). i gain alot from these pages but it is the few that keep me from posting my finds....i think when this happens we all lose something.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been on here for over 3 years and only saw one BS find poster. I have also had the experience of citing the area of my finds and when I go back there are no more targets. I don't mind posting my finds, but where they are found will remain with me. Guess that is just common sense anyway.

Jack

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been retired for a number of years so I have a lot of time to go play in the sand. My finds are many but like all of us I have had my dry spells and wondered if I lost my skill or luck. I stopped posting finds and my pictures posts have about stopped because there are many weird jealous hunters out there that don't believe some of us find more than one ring a day. Many people want the easy way out and need to know the secrete spots while we did the research for the oldest spots or hidden caches. I have detectors with screens, but think it takes a lot of the fun out of my hunting plus leaving many good targets in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions