Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to let you all know, that I will probably keep posting, but will no longer "describe" the how's, where's, etc... Like Snooksion posted, there are people on here that although I am sure a tiny minority, seem to toss etiquette aside when it comes to this whole "Treasure" thing... Just like fishing, if you start talking about what you caught, and where you caught it, next thing you know your "honey hole" is fished out... Case in point..
You all have read my posts of late, and the great success I have been having.. Since I have mentioned numerous times where I live, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to narrow things down with a little work.. I happened to be talking to one of the workers at the site I have been hunting, and he asked me "was that you I saw last night"... I mentioned that I had been there, but it was in the afternoon. He then told me that around 9pm he saw "two guys" in the water with headlamps on. I asked him what they were doing, thinking they may have been wade fishing for bass since the spawn is going on right now. "No", he replied, then said he saw one real good and that he had a "scoop like yours"...
Now I realize that I do not have any exclusive right to the area, and although I cant say for sure it has never been hunted before, the amount of finds I have been getting indicate that if it has, it has been far and few between... I also know that there are probably tons of people who never post, but read frequently to glean information. Anyway, the worker told me he yelled "you finding much" and the guys didnt answer, but soon after, he didnt see them anymore and they had turned their lights off..
Of course, I had to tell him it wasnt me.

So the point of this rant is two-fold.. First, as stated, I will probably be simply posting my finds and nothing more. So please dont ask for particulars, even whether it was in salt or fresh, depth, etc.. For those of you who "know" me pretty well, I will be more than happy to "talk" hunting via email etc.. But I dont bust my butt investigating and searching for new spots simply for some rude and lazy people to use my work to make it easy for themselves. If I happen to run into those people, or if you are reading this, I will say "SHAME ON YOU"... To all others, sorry for the angry post, and happy hunting...
Lastly, the silver is cleaning up well (thanks Lorraine), and I will post pics from the last two hunts and before/after pics soon. I have been so busy with appointments, getting ready for Friday's surgery, that I just havent been able to get the pic's done. I will though, I promise..

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FranklinRad said:
lol So I just joined this forum like 5 minutes ago and the first three threads I read are about stalkers stealing your spots.
I don't know if I want to hang in a forum so full of crooked people.

More likely a lurker than a fellow forum poster.

They are simply expressing their frustration over others getting into their prime hunting ground but there are precautions folks can take.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread