When Spring Break Down there in Florida

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Colleges break mid-march, my son's break is the week of March 7. High schools break is usually at Easter. So the "spring break" crowds can last a month if Easter is late.

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Yes and Easter is late this year. Thanks for the reply guess we were both right. If she decides to go we'll have to pick out a week as the pocket book has it's limits. :coffee2: Rick

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
harleyroadangel said:
Daytona Bike week ends on March 12th........Spring break is right after that in full force.

Joy in fl

Thanks for the reply. We are under a winter storm watch for tonight, They are calling for 6 to 8 inch's of new snow. I know it's to soon for hope but just a couple days ago it was in the 50's and 60's.

We got a nice deisel truck and a 35' fifth wheel just wasting away out here in our drive. I'm ready for a climate change. :coffee2: Rick

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rick,
So...........all you need is time off..........you folks are all set to GO. Today, I visited the Kellyco showroom and put in for a 'headsup' as to when the big shipment arrives of the new Garrett At Pros. It should coincide with my vacation time of 3/4-3/13. I hope to drive around in my little truck and sample the coastlines .... having fun learning my detector, and hopefully meeting others.
Joy in fl

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Joy- You get out and enjoy that Garrett AT Pro when you get it and let us all know how you do with it and how you like it. Been reading about it, would be nice to hear first hand how it works for you.

My wife and I are both 65 and retired. Problems been getting her to leave the kids and grand kids back here while we head south for the winter. Next year we are going south , I'm not setting here in this cold miserable weather for another winter. :coffee2: Rick

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Joy - Thanks for the PM. Tried to PM you back but your box is full.

Wish you all the best in what ever you do and what ever decisions you make. :coffee2: Rick

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am headed to FL the last week of March. I hopeing the spring break has started and in full force so I can find some of that gold while I am there.......Matt

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
I am headed to FL the last week of March. I hopeing the spring break has started and in full force so I can find some of that gold while I am there.......Matt

If nothing more, there will be plenty of beer cans and pull tabs to find! :tongue3:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
True that! Only thing worse is after 4th of July and all the sparkler wires! Cant believe all those people think its OK to throw them in the water at the beach, but I say that after I find a new style pull tab that is supposed to stay on the can! Each and every time, which is a lot. Cant believe how many of the old style pull tabs are still out there.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Here is the list for spring break and the estimated amount of people...........

February 21-25, 2011 -- 350,000 (University of Ottawa, University of Toronto, University of Calgary, University of Waterloo)
February 28-March 4, 2011 -- 156,000 (Northeastern, U of Michigan, Western Michigan, Western Carolina)
March 7-11, 2011 -- 1,714,927 (Penn State, Université de Montréal, Gonzaga, U of Central Florida, MSU [Michigan], ISU [Illinois], NCSU, U of NC, U of SC, U of SD)
March 14-18, 2011 -- 2,212,500 (ASU, NYU, Purdue, Rutgers, U of Minnesota, U of Massachusetts, Texas Tech, CSU [Colorado], George Mason, ISU [Iowa], Texas A&M, TSU [Texas], U of Georgia, U of Iowa, U of Kentucky, U of Oklahoma, USC, U of Texas, WSU [Washington])
March 21-25, 2011 -- 885,000 (UC Berkeley, Kent State, Clemson, Kansas State, U of Colorado, U of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, U of Oregon, U of Maryland, U of Utah, Columbia)
March 28-April 1, 2011 -- 887,901 (U of Hawaii, CU Boulder, U of Missouri-Columbia)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread