I dont care...Ill tell you where!

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Found this 18k/silver rind waist deep at a bar called Royal Palms. It weighs 12g. It's not really a secret when you are hunting populated areas and hotels. Which is what most people do. If I found a jar full of old Spanish reals in a cave here I would not tell it on the forum or even show pics. However most beach hunters are smart enough to not be searching a deserted beach for jewelery, unless you were just really bored i guess. When I go to the states I search public beaches, piers and any other spot I feel would be a hot spot. I'm not searching it because someone is posting they are finding jewelery or rings there. Those kinds of finds are lost everywhere, not just the public beach in Naples,Fl. Anyway, If anybody wants to come hunt these beaches. Grab a ticket and come on. The weather here is awesome.

Chris
Cayman Islands

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 740
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 730
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Nice ring Chris!!

Made some good points Chris........I found out when I was checking into maybe going to Okinawa to hunt that my passport is expired %$#$$, When I get passport renewed maybe wife and I can take a cruise or trip to Cayman Islands

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a good looking ring Chris....WTG!!.
Meet me at the airport....LOL GL and HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very well said!!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Awesome ring :headbang:

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer

Southernstyle, thanks for the post and encouragement!

It's seeing finds like this that gives the rest of us the encouragement to keep on getting out there and searching.

Finds like that are lost everywhere, and all it takes is the effort to get out there and look. Seeing pics like that gives us all hope.

Thanks again for sharing!

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON

Hey Chris, do you happen to know Ash McKnight (SCUBA instructor)? If you do, tell him Gord says 'Hi' again. Nice ring.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

you got the right additude --they are public beaches --after all aren't they ?

its nice to see someone who owns a detector thats not ate up with the greed bug like some folks are.

JedinNC

Jul 7, 2009
Topsail Island/Raleigh, N.C.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II , Nokta Legend, Equinox 600, Excal II, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's M6
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Another great find Chris! That is a unique looking ring. I go out to the beach cam at the Royal Palms to get my fix until I can make it back down your way!
Take care,
Jed

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2

ivan salis said:
you got the right additude --they are public beaches --after all aren't they ?

its nice to see someone who owns a detector thats not ate up with the greed bug like some folks are.

Exactly... some feel differently though... I read on another forum a guy saying he was ticked off someone was hunting his spot and was going to fix him by salting the beach and water with pennies... come salt my spots I'll gladly take the pennies ;)

Nice ring SS... interesting to see gold and silver together... would have been nicer if they used platinum :)

Bruley24

Greenie
Dec 17, 2010
Treasure Coast, Fl
Detector(s) used
CZ Excal

I see one person on the local beach digging and them throwing something in the hole and covering up. I wanted to say something to him but he has a terrible attitude anyway. Never speaks to anyone and has a sour expression on his face all the time. Thought about going to checky Cheese and getting a sizeable amount of tokens and spreading them all over the beach for him. I decided I could not warn everyone else so I would not take this method. I have dug up his crusted pennies some not even whole. Wonder how deep a big ole chucky cheese coin would read on a machine? It would be worth buring them deep to see him dig them up though.
I will not do this but know the feeling of those that have these type persons on the beach with them. Good part is they usually leave more than they take.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bruley24 said:
I see one person on the local beach digging and them throwing something in the hole and covering up. I wanted to say something to him but he has a terrible attitude anyway. Never speaks to anyone and has a sour expression on his face all the time. Thought about going to checky Cheese and getting a sizeable amount of tokens and spreading them all over the beach for him. I decided I could not warn everyone else so I would not take this method. I have dug up his crusted pennies some not even whole. Wonder how deep a big ole chucky cheese coin would read on a machine? It would be worth buring them deep to see him dig them up though.
I will not do this but know the feeling of those that have these type persons on the beach with them. Good part is they usually leave more than they take.

You could always bury 10 pennies wrapped in piece of paper in a baggie. Write a note on the paper, saying "hey dummy, take everything you dig with you"

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

that one is a beauty Chris! congrats

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Congratulations on fine detecting, Chris!

Attachments

• pic123731.jpg
    pic123731.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 293

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread