Jul 1, 2005
CT/FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur minelab .. Etrac on order... Minelab safari back up
Upvote 0

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
fellow has been searching it awhile now...even has a spot on discovery channel or like channel telling/showing his recovery efforts...just watched it last week............g

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
I'm not sure if anything has ever washed up on the beach after a storm. There is a Whydah Museum on a dock in the heart of Provincetown with items from the Whydah. I went to it 2 years ago and it was pretty interesting. If anyone is ever in the area, it's worth going to. They're still bringing items up.

www.whydah.com

Glenn

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
unless i am mistaken the fellow running the museum has the claim on the wreck..........gldhntr

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
As I understand it, that wreck is on the National Seashore Park on the Cape. NO metal detecting allowed. Violators will have equipment confiscated and are subject to arrest and fines.

BEST to hit the area at night with night vision goggles.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
if its on national seashore, there is a fellow with big kahunas searching for and recovering its treasures on television, as he has been doing every year for a while., with detectors/sonar/etc.....just watched it in the last week or so...............gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread