Battery POD question????

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mistakingly Overcharged one of my batteries this winter and the top blew out, So I'm looking for a couple of back-up pods.

Is there a difference in the New Excal(Green)pods and the 1000's blue pods when it comes to fit.
Some sites that advertise the batteries, will say "not compatable with the older 800 and 1000's".
It would be a big waste of $150 if thats the case and the alkaline (yellow) pods are harder to get a hold of these days too.
Appreciate the feedback. Thanks

Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the old Excal pods have a square holder base. They will not fit newer models

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,

The only difference is the shape of the mounting tabs. Square vs. (more or less) triangular. Nothing a Dremel won't fix. I buy pods for my Excal 1000 whenever I see a great deal. I have both and had to modify some, and they all work perfectly.

Best-Mike

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting, I have two of the Excal II 1000's and I leave them both plugged in constantly when not in use. Never had any issues and neither have ever seemed to have shortened battery life. Been doing it for a year now, maybe I should stop.

:dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
Yeah,

The only difference is the shape of the mounting tabs. Square vs. (more or less) triangular. Nothing a Dremel won't fix. I buy pods for my Excal 1000 whenever I see a great deal. I have both and had to modify some, and they all work perfectly.

Best-Mike

Gollum nailed it, it is the shape and can be moditfied to work if you get the square one......

If you don't have one I would suggest picking up a AA battery pod for emergencies......I have two, one for each Excal I own, many times I will find AA alkaline batteries on sale for buy one get one free and will pick up a 16 back x2 for 32 batteries total...... This way I always have a backup battery source if I forget to recharge my battery....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread