Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video !
And yep that is what the main questions that are asked , I tell them all that I can , and I have seen many of the ones asking out with there new Metal Detector many times .
That is fun when you see that gleam in there eye as they walk away thinking of all that gold and coin that is out to be found . :)

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Those quotes really crack me up. I vote hearing "Whats the best thing you ever found" the most.

Nice Vid!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I tell them 50 cal. bullets and casings from WW2. They look disappointed.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to add a couple that I hear to this:

Is that thing a Geiger Counter?

Do you get paid to clean up the beach / park / swimming area?

From kids:

Can I have the next thing you find?

And on land:

Does that cut the grass?

Scott

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
srcdco said:
I have to add a couple that I hear to this:

Is that thing a Geiger Counter?

Scott

HAHA...my aunt is always asking me if I still Geiger Counter on the beach...I'm like what? Glad to hear I am not the only one to hear that. Trips me out.

mikeinmiami

Oct 22, 2010
Great video.

I have been asked a few times if I was looking for land mines or explosives. So now when someones aks me what I am looking for, I just say land mine explosives. Of course, I got to tell them I'm only kidding around with them.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Being land locked, I only get to hunt a beach on occasion. I do hit a lot of local tot lots, though. Never fails, I attract any kids within a square mile to come and start asking questions...they usually run me off. However, someone on T-net suggested saying to the first kid who asks a question...

"Sorry, I'm not allowed to talk to strangers!" :tongue3:

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Lookin said:
Being land locked, I only get to hunt a beach on occasion. I do hit a lot of local tot lots, though. Never fails, I attract any kids within a square mile to come and start asking questions...they usually run me off. However, someone on T-net suggested saying to the first kid who asks a question...

"Sorry, I'm not allowed to talk to strangers!" :tongue3:

HaHa....Good one! I usually say I am looking for the winning lottery ticket.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kid "....what ya lookin for?"

Me " ...metal Dog Poop"

Kid, ....giggles....." Oh"

Me ".....want to help pick up Dog PooP?"

Kid........"Nope" as he skips off to pester someone else

sandnsea49

Jan 16, 2005
Temperance, MI summer-Sarasota, FL winter
Detector(s) used
Etrac, XP Deus, Excalibur 1000, Whites Dual Field PI, Makro Multi Kruzer
Cool video, you're really good at it.

My dad also calls it a geiger counter. And the worst question I get asked, by kidsm is:

kid; what did you find
me; a few coins and junk
kid; can I have them?
me; you gotta be kiddin right kid?

Kids today just have no sense of courtesy or personal space.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pulled into a local swim hole/park and as soon as I get out of the truck and set my scoop out this lady comes running up to me and says "I'm so glad you're hear to clean up the goose poop!"

Sorry wrong guy!

Nice video, brought a smile to my face!

Steve :-)

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kaptainkosmic said:
Pulled into a local swim hole/park and as soon as I get out of the truck and set my scoop out this lady comes running up to me and says "I'm so glad you're hear to clean up the goose poop!"

Sorry wrong guy!

Nice video, brought a smile to my face!

Steve :-)

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: I can picture that one :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great message indeed! Top rated video! :wink:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you missed

"how much does one of those (metal detectors) cost? or

from the kids "Can I try it"

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
How about the person who throws a penny down in the direction you are detecting. I am sure that I have missed a few but it IS funny when I see that and they think I did not see them seed the beach.

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
I hope the hobby will always be viewed as "odd or weird". Can you imagine if became a popular hobby and thousands of people got into it. :P
Let's compare it to one of societies most popular sports. You dress up in a gaudy awful outfit, go down to the club house and pay 45 to 75 dollars to spend 4 to 5 hours waiting, cursing, waiting some more to chase a little white ball around a field.
Need I say more...
I'll take the "beach and shallow water" hint, hint, anytime. This hobby is the greatest.
Sorry gotta run, I'm late for my tee time.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoelB said:
How about the person who throws a penny down in the direction you are detecting. I am sure that I have missed a few but it IS funny when I see that and they think I did not see them seed the beach.

That actually happened to me once. These teenagers threw a penny at my coil. I said, "You gotta do better than that", so they all reached in their pockets a started throwing change on the ground. I said "It detects $20 bills to, you wanna see?" They mumbled something and walked away.

creeker42

Jan 13, 2008
Connecticut shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
White" M6
Great video :D I was l taking my gear out of the car one day, and a couple came up to me and the fellow asked me with a smirky tone "what's the best thing you every found". With out missing a beat I said, "my wife". Laughing he said "yeah right". His wife piped up to her husband, " you know you're a jerk!! You would never say something nice like that about me", as she walked off in a huff with him following. :D Made my day! I know I made his. ;D Thanks for sharing your video.
regards
Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread