How are the Gold Coast Beaches?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2006
    NW Alabama
    Fisher 1280X, Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett ADS-6
    9 times

How are the Gold Coast Beaches?

My first post. I have a Fisher 1280 a homemade scoop and a week off.
    I need to know which of the gold coast beaches haven't been refurbished and may have the best chances for successful hunting. I have done some beach hunting in AL and SC with some minor success, but would like to try the gold coast.
    any info will be appreciated. Thanks

us
    Jun 2006
    TreasureTerrain.com
    NOX 800
    299 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: How are the Gold Coast Beaches?

I am sure people will be knocking down your door to tell you where the gold is LOL.
    They would go get it themselves wouldn't they?

us
    Jun 2006
    NW Alabama
    9 times

No need to knock down the door. I just need a little info on beach conditions before I start a 700 mile drive. Thanks

May 2006
    fl

they get hit hard, targets are few in some places, I live on the other coast so I don't make it to the east coast to often, but I have 2 nice gold rings for my work. when you get in town ask where the most busy beach is in your area, that will help. more people more targets, but at the same time more detectors in the area.
    sov. elite,,,,PI PRO

us
    Jun 2006
    NW Alabama
    9 times

Thanks seas1to2
    Most of my hunting has been land locked and I am in need to see what the 1280 will do. I have been hunting for several years, mostly house sites and parks here in NW Alabama. I just feel that I need a little more adventure and something different this year. all input and info is greatly appreciated.
    May you be graced with that Third Ring. Thanks

us
    Jun 2006
    California
    Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
    7 times

Hunting here on California beaches is a gold mine! Found at lease $3.000 in gold, in less then two weeks.
    However, some targets near the water I just can't get at. Too deep and the water keeps filling the hole up very frustrsting! Anyone have an idea? I will be taking a folding shovel next time I go.

Happy hunting!!!!
    RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a days fine..JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	88778  

Apr 2005
    2 times

OI use a Big Mouth scoop. The handle is made of technical tubing and is six and a half feet long. The scoop itself is made from 2 mm stainless, has a width of 10 inches, is drilled with quarter inch holes to drain and break suction, and the back end is welded a thick pedal so I can really push trhough the sand. It lifts about 20 pounds of sand out with each scoop. I am going to weld a handle to the front so to make it easier to use..
    A good strong scoop works good, but ya got to work fast

Sponsored Links