Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellow T-neters need some help! I'm going to Maui in two weeks (don't hate me :laughing7:) and of course I'm bringing the xcal! Any info big or small or even were to go for dinner all will be most appreciated (at this point I'm a dry sponge)! Any Major do's or don't!! Can I hunt all the different resort beaches with out getting into trouble?? Da Sand Crab will you hop over and have a hunt with me I'll buy all the beers!! ;D Thanks in advance for any and all input!! :icon_sunny:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wwace said:
Makawa Steak House for one, if you get over that way

Is it better than Ruth Chris (love the cowboy cut ribeye) I'm going to hit them both cause you only live once!! THANKS!!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to bust your bubble,but a few Tsunami just hit The Hawaii Islands yesterday, So you might want to check on your Honeymoon Plans. Other than that have a happy hm and Best Wishes,The Lord,s Family

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:
I hate to bust your bubble,but a few Tsunami just hit The Hawaii Islands yesterday, So you might want to check on your Honeymoon Plans. Other than that have a happy hm and Best Wishes,The Lord,s Family

If you have a tv you would Know that very little if any damage has occurred on the Hawaiian islands!! Just enough beach erosion to find the lost gold!! :laughing9:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my only suggestion...

DON'T TAKE THE EXCAL ON THE HONEYMOON!

That is unless you ever use it without a MAJOR guilt trip.

Trust on this one.

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
47thelement said:
Here's my only suggestion...

DON'T TAKE THE EXCAL ON THE HONEYMOON!

That is unless you ever use it without a MAJOR guilt trip.

Trust on this one.

Check out my Banner find! The wife loves it when I hunt!! :hello2: :tongue3:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell me your not getting married?...be warned.....she's after your silver n gold

Enjoy yourself!! SnT

Attachments

• SNAG-0002.jpg
    SNAG-0002.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 836
OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
Tell me your not getting married?...be warned.....she's after your silver n gold

Enjoy yourself!! SnT

Oldebeechut Thanks! This vacation is really kinda a 2nd honeymood been married for a few years now! After such a brutal winter can't wait to relax on a warm ice free beach!! P.S. I've spent a bit more attention on the upper slope and it's payed off!! :notworthy:Thanks again! Looking forword to some of your vids and pic's!

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Sorry my friend...
I haven't been to Maui in Twenty years or so. All of the resorts should be okay to hunt. I've heard stories of guys finding good stuff.
I've also heard stories of incredible things being lost there.
Remember...Honeymoon. I wouldn't want to read about you being you beaten up with your own detector by your bride.
Lastly, I am without a detector at the moment. Their all being repaired. :'(
Have fun and be romantic.
Crab

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da Sand Crab said:
Sorry my friend...
I haven't been to Maui in Twenty years or so. All of the resorts should be okay to hunt. I've heard stories of guys finding good stuff.
I've also heard stories of incredible things being lost there.
Remember...Honeymoon. I wouldn't want to read about you being you beaten up with your own detector by your bride.
Lastly, I am without a detector at the moment. Their all being repaired. :'(
Have fun and be romantic.
Crab

Thanks for the info! If I'm going to get some good tips It would be from you!! Hope you get your newer xcal soon and the rest fixed quick! :icon_pirat:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to lahaina its a old whaling town but now a tourist place.ice cream cones were really expensive 30 years ago when i was there.Also you can check out hana.Its a resort area for the rich people.Or if you are really adventurous you can do the 20 mile walk through Haleakala crater.There are 3 cabins you can rent with advance reservations with the park service.We got a cab from the airport to the crater rim,hiked all the way through the crater and down the other side along the ocean then all the way to hana and back to the airport.It took us a week to do it.We spent a month on maui hiking and hitch hiking all over the island.Im sure they have bus'es now.They didnt in 1975 and hitch hiking was illegal but we did it anyway cause there was only 10 cops on the whole island and all of them were related to my next door neighbor on oahu.My neighbor was the chief of police in kailua.He said his cousins wouldnt bust us.

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Go to lahaina its a old whaling town but now a tourist place.ice cream cones were really expensive 30 years ago when i was there.Also you can check out hana.Its a resort area for the rich people.Or if you are really adventurous you can do the 20 mile walk through Haleakala crater.There are 3 cabins you can rent with advance reservations with the park service.We got a cab from the airport to the crater rim,hiked all the way through the crater and down the other side along the ocean then all the way to hana and back to the airport.It took us a week to do it.We spent a month on maui hiking and hitch hiking all over the island.Im sure they have bus'es now.They didnt in 1975 and hitch hiking was illegal but we did it anyway cause there was only 10 cops on the whole island and all of them were related to my next door neighbor on oahu.My neighbor was the chief of police in kailua.He said his cousins wouldnt bust us.

Wow that sounds incredible! We are staying just north of lahaina, also plan to take the road to hana (via rental car)! Haleakala will be a early morning sunrise trip :sunny:

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
Have a great time, and find much Gold :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks Bro! Hope N.E. warms up more like last Friday!!

JMW

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 (10.5" coil), DetectorPro Headhunter PI (8", 11" coils), Tesoro Stingray (8" coil), Ace 250 (4.5" Sniper, 6.5" x 9" coils) and White's Classic ID (8" coil)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hope you and the wife have a great vacation/honeymoon! Enjoy your time there and bring home many treasures. Looking forward to the pics.

floodlight

Mar 14, 2008
I was in Maui this past December for a couple of weeks (great place, I would recommend a visit for everyone).

Here is a picture of my view from my hotel suite:

http://pix.ie/ghvacpic/2228161

The only metal dectecting on the beach that I noticed was in the morning outside the hotel. The local staff metal detect the pool/sun bathing area (I think some people throw their beer caps on the beach).

I didn't notice anyone else metal detecting on the beach during my twice daily beach walks. The beaches (and roads for that matter) are incredibly clean. I guest since Maui's only real economy is tourism, they take special care to ensure that everything is clean. All of the beaches are essentially one big state park. All the people are quite friendly there.

There are no mosquitos, black flies, creepy crawlies or anything like that in Maui (at least I didn't notice anything like that). Maui is just absolutely spectacular. The temperature always seems to be around 80F:

http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/hawaii/kihei-2432214/?unit=f

I stayed on South Kihei road and ate at the local restaurants there.

I drove the road to Hana and I won't do that a second time. It is a narrow, winding road throught the mountains and the rain forest. It has a lot of nice waterfalls. The problem is that its an extremely twisty road that has over 600 curves and about 50 one lane bridges. It takes a few hours to drive it, make sure you leave early in the morning if you intend to drive it. Part of the road is unpaved, you may not want to drive it if it rained the previous day.

Here are some Google photos of Hana:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...o+hana&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g7g-m3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai

As you can see its quite a spectacular drive.

The road is just plain dangerous in my opinion (it had rained the previous day of my trip to Hana and the roads were wet and there were some rocks on the road as well). I won't be doing that crazy drive a second time (and I won't mention to the car rental company that I drove the road to Hana, they would probably want to charge extra for the wear and tear on my brakes). You can only drive 10-15 mph due to the twisting road. The road is a paved two lane but there are always idiots who want to pass you.

I visited Lahaina and the Aquarium (not bad but not as good as previous aquariums that I have visited such as the Boston and Vancouver aquariums). I also took something called the Sunset Cruise (down by the docks at the Aquarium). I also visited the tropical gardens.

Here is a slide show of my Maui Flickr photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56046803@N07/sets/72157625445409359/show/

and some more of my photos of Maui:

http://pix.ie/ghvacpic/album/405181

Here are some web links that you might want to visit:

http://www.spotlighthawaii.com/maps/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Courthouse_Building-Lahaina_Maui_Hawaii.html

http://www.gohawaii.com/maui/guidebook

http://www.spotlighthawaii.com/maps/

http://www.mauinews.com/

http://www.mauionline.com/

I would urge everyone to take a vacation to Maui, its a fantastic place to take a vacation. I am thinking of returning there next year.

Have fun in Maui.

Floodlight

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry I may have posted to late,, but the magic show there is INCREDIBLE,, Warren and Annabels I think? That guy is extremely good and gives a huge break to service members. There is a waiting list usually though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread