One ringee dingee

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
When I went out this morning I headed south. The weather was a little chilly but then it was still dark when I got there. I figure when the sun came up it would warm up. There were 4 other hunters there when I got there and it was still dark! They were all hunting the dry sand. I spoke to a couple of them for a short time. One said he had over 3 bucks but nothing else. The other said he only had junk. I wished them both good luck and headed for the water. I hunted for a couple of hours and then met up with KCbull10. Nice guy! Boy what a scoop that man has! Scoopzilla is the perfect name for it! I wished him well and then hunted for about a half hour more and then I had to warm up. I got nothing much there. A large sinker a couple of coins and some wire. Back to the car and some hot tea for me!

After I had warmed up some I decided to try further down the beach so off I went. Another hour of nothing I decided to have a talk with the surf gods..... I said please let me find a ring. I know you have lots of them out here and although I'd rather have gold at the moment - I'd take anything. Just give me a ring and I'll go home happy. Then.... I got a nice hit. It turned out to be a small ring. I was sure it was silver even though it was pretty black. The surf god had answered. He didn't see fit to share any more with me but I got a couple more coins and then nothing at all. I guess the surf god went back to his coffee break. ah well..... he did give me one so I'm happy. (till tomorrow) :wink:

031411.jpg

Before and after of my one ring find

Ring0314111.jpg

Ring0314112.jpg

Upvote 0

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Hi Mumszie,

Enjoyed meeting you, thanks for the info you brought for me. After you left well I didn't get out until 2 pm and my right arm was dragging. I found 2 identical challenge coins about 30 feet apart except one says 16 the other 18. The side with the # says Unity Service Recovery. One day at a time. Front says God Grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. I think these are AA coins, don't know if it means 16 / 18 months or years! As you can see found a bunch of pull tabs and bottle caps, and a spark plug. This was my second hunt of the year. Sorry the pics are blurry trying a new flip camera

Attachments

• Treasure Island hunt 0 00 00-01.jpg
    Treasure Island hunt 0 00 00-01.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 454
  • Treasure Island hunt 0 00 00-01.jpg
    Treasure Island hunt 0 00 00-01.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 411
  • Chalenge coins 0 00 03-04.jpg
    Chalenge coins 0 00 03-04.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 435
  • Challange coins 2 0 00 08-15.jpg
    Challange coins 2 0 00 08-15.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 451
OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I've never found any of those coins but they hold wisdom and it even fits with what we do. It was great meeting up with you too. I hope to do it again some day but I don't go south very often. Who knows though.... I've been wrong before! :wink:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Sweet little ring Mumszie!!!

And the tokens are definitely AA

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie,
did you hafta use that little dog for bait, for supper?
I just loved that picture of you in the wet-suit. Keep up the good work!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats On the One ringee Dingee, great to see that You are getting out. I have been benched because of Heavy rain!!! Chug Maybe this weekend!!!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeahhhhhh!!! congrats.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring, I looked to see if you were around today but I didn't see you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread