WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY....UPDATE

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I got to the beach yesterday morning just as a women hunting the dry sand was ending her morning. She hadn't seen me coming yet and I watched her go through her pouch of finds, next thing I know, she's throwing all her trash out onto the beach everywhere. WTH??? I mean there are garbage cans everywhere... That's the kind of people that give TH'ers a bad rep. Seriously...

SO GUESS WHO WAS AT THE BEACH YESTERDAY MORNING?? YUP, TOSSING EVERY FIND AS FAR AS SHE COULD THROW IT. I WAS OUT IN THE WATER, BUT I CAME IN AND TOLD THE MAINTENCE GUYS, BUT SHE MADE A BEELINE FOR THE EXIT... SHE SEEMS TO LEAVE BEFORE THE LIFEGUARDS COME ON DUTY @ 9AM.

Upvote 0

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

I think i'd had to say something like "Wow! Can you believe people could be so inconsiderate as to throw all that garbage on the beach? How trashy is that? I'll bet their house looks the same way, just as trashy."

Sometimes a little embarassment goes a long way.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I hope you let them know that. I hate that too. One time years ago, I was on Siesta beach, and a group of 3-4 detectors from Orlando were there, I think they had CZ-20s. They also didnt pick up their trash, they threw it back down. They also didnt fill their holes. How stupid is that? I realized that after they left and I posted about it that night. I detected behind where they had gridded(dragging their scoops) and they missed everything. Lots of coins, but that was the dry sand. And they threw any trash right on the ground or back into its hole. I dont know if it was just one of them or they all did it. It makes a very bad name for all detectors. And there is a garbage can at every exit on the beach. I always take any junk I find and remove it from the beach.

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro

Ridiculous...I woulda reamed her and made her feel like trash as well.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

When we see things like this we all need to step in and say something to the offender. If all we do is watch and then complain on a forum site like this nothing will ever change and we'll all keep that poor image we try so hard to get rid of.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree with pointing out to her that not taking the trash they have out with them they could find the same junk again the next time they hunt there. Many just do the dumping of trash to slow down the completion, namely us. There should be a Bounty on these dead heads. :angry5:

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a cow! It gives us all a bad name. I fill my holes. I show my trash to people. I talk to their bratty kids. I give them a green quarter. I answer peoples questions. Why? To promote the hobby. Perception goes a very long way.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3

I empy mine 2-3 times during a hunt and when people see what I toss in the trash their eyes get huge.
Myself I would have said something and then I would have done like that tv commercial where the guy threw his foam coffee cup out and the other guy picked it up and all other trash that people left and made a tree on his car.LOL that would've got the point across.
drewan

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did you raise hell with her ?

Mar 15, 2011
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx-sunray dx-1 probe- d2 coil,,,,,whites beach hunter id 300,,,,,garrett ace 250 for the tag alongs

i would have told her i had it on video and made her pick her mess up if she didnt want me to call the cops. if she refused i would have busted her detector!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Follow them and then when you can, deposit a caltrop under their tire.

Works for me.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

Right after she flung a knife or something into the beach rental chairs, she looked up and saw me and waved. I said "What the hell and shrugged my shoulders, letting her at least know I saw what she did. She then scooted for the exit. People... And yes I take every piece of garbage out and trash it. Notice how many people that are not wearing a trash pouch? Where do you think their trash is going? Right back in the sand/water.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sorry, but I would have reamed her a new one! She would have heard it from me in no uncertain terms, (she would have heard it and everyone else in earshot too!) What a scumbag! It takes a piece of trash to throw trash on the ground, and even more so if you just picked it up detecting. icon_hunter.gif Hock Pugh!!

Attachments

• icon_hunter.gif
    icon_hunter.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,264

au4me1

Apr 28, 2010

Finderzs
I would have very politely said to her that her actions were exactly what we as detectorists did not want people to think of, I would have asked her if she has ever heard of the THr Code of Ethics! And then mabey asked her what her house looked like?

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see this all over NSB and Daytona... sad I say, there are cans on poles every 50 feet, douchebaggery I say!!! :o OFF WITH THEIR HEADS...

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The sad thing is that there are people like this woman all over that think everyone owes them and they do not owe anyone else anything . I have learned that if you point them out to everyone and let them know then they will go away most of the time or at least not do what they were doing .

I take a little pride in what I and we do and leaving things better that when I got there if I can,this is what I try to do .

Another thing is if a reporter was going to do a news story on people detecting on the beach this person would lead the story .

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you don't say anything they will continue doing it. I raised hell with a woman that left a dirty diper on the beach after changing the child. I am sure she will think twice about doing it again after the chewing out I gave her in front of a lot of people. There are many inconsiderate people out there.

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Twit's like her make my head want to explode! :angry5:
I would have gave that turd a tongue lashin to make a sailor blush!

They need a large "L" hot branded on their forehead for all to see.

All my dug trash, and a bunch that I just come across as I'm swingin the beeper goes to the trash barrel.
It's not like they are hard to find, even a blind caveman can do it!

Montauk3 said:
Follow them and then when you can, deposit a caltrop under their tire.

Just step on tires valve stem, pop's em right out of the rim most of the time! :laughing7:
Like to see the look on their face as they try to inflate that tire! :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread