Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Picked up Dad this morning with no exact place to hunt.. Weather was warming up and the tide was falling.... On the way to no where..... I stumbled upon a small beach that looked as if it was probably worked hard. Got out of the truck and found a dime on top... great way to start off with out the detector...LOLOLWe ended up spending over 4 hours of solid digs. Thereare just too many to point out but this beach has been passed by many times. Sometimes the best plans are to have no plans at all... I ended up with 7 Silver dimes mostly Merc's.. 3 Musket Balls and a pistol shot. 1 Tomback Button either pewter, or Silver not sure, but the shank is still attached and she is in fantastic shape.2 Silver handles from either spoons or forks,Part of a pocket watch, over 40 Wheaties from 1909 to 1958... 12 quarters, 20 dimes, 18 nickels, A sterling Ring, ( NO STONE ) A silver Quarter 1934 P , A lead soldier, A Zippo Lighter that has an anchor on it, too cool.. & Dad and I got a chance to spend yet another day together, I can only guess as to what he found....

Attachments

• virgin Beach (12).JPG
    virgin Beach (12).JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 648
  • virgin Beach (10).JPG
    virgin Beach (10).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 584
  • virgin Beach (13).JPG
    virgin Beach (13).JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 670
  • virgin Beach (12).JPG
    virgin Beach (12).JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 613
  • virgin Beach (10).JPG
    virgin Beach (10).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 545
  • virgin Beach (11).JPG
    virgin Beach (11).JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 588
  • virgin Beach (13).JPG
    virgin Beach (13).JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 639
  • virgin Beach (15).JPG
    virgin Beach (15).JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Way cool ya'll killed it. My Dad was in to Md when I was a youngster, but they got divorced when i was 8 and now at 42 we finally got together after way to many years and he has Dementia but he told me of gold coins he found in Sanford way back when... I just hope my finds make him Proud, even though I barley knew him... :dontknow:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Now that's some great virgin ground. Can't wait to see what you pull out of there next. ANd to spend time with Pops.... Even better. :thumbsup:

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

That is a bunch of old crusty finds. You found a forgotten beach. WTG. I am sure there is more, you need to go back.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:

S.S.Tupperware said:
Way cool ya'll killed it. My Dad was in to Md when I was a youngster, but they got divorced when i was 8 and now at 42 we finally got together after way to many years and he has Dementia but he told me of gold coins he found in Sanford way back when... I just hope my finds make him Proud, even though I barley knew him... :dontknow:

S.S.Tupperware,
I am sure he knows that your doing just fine, Demetia is a tough thing to watch......Make him proud and find a couple of those GOLD coins... that he left for you to dicover... RESEARCH it well and you will be rewarded... Happy Hunting..

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is awesome! I would go back and hunt in all metal. You could'nt go wrong! Congrats!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:

WOW!!! What a haul! :headbang:

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

That's a great haul. I think I'd definately hit it again. The lighter looks similiar to one I had when :icon_thumleft:I was in the Navy in the late 60's.
Ken :icon_thumleft:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All great old finds, your arm must be sore from digging. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions